Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga Teacher Training

Options
  • 13-09-2010 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am looking in to doing a level one yoga teacher training course in Dublin and am trying to decide which one is best. Has anyone got any recommendations for me? Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I've heard good things (and been taught by someone who did it) about the Yoga Therapy Ireland diploma, which is properly accredited.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 teenarena

Thanks for replying! Yes I've heard about that and also the YTTC - Yoga Therapy Teaching Centre which I think is linked.. Do you know anything about the IAHM - Irish Association of Holistic Medicine course?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I just googled them and they seem to be only accredited by themselves. Without knowing anything else, that to me is not a good sign. I'd be looking for one that is on the national framework of qualifications or gives an equivalent from another country.

Another point to consider is that some courses (I know YTI anyway) require a certain number of years practicing yoga before taking you on for the course.

My advice is to do a lot of research, talk to yoga teachers you know, etc.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Ok, I will try get some more info from my yoga teacher this week.
    Thank you, you are right, the more research done the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

i'd also advise to get yourself one of yoga poses compendium so you have a pic, name and bit of background info on each of the poses

• Advertisement

Will do! Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Perhaps you should decide which style of yoga you want to follow and teach first. You can be teacher trained in vinyasa, Iyengar, therapeutic yoga, Anusara etc. They are quite distinct so there is no point in choosing a programme which is not aligned with your interests & preferences.

Advertisement