Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genealogy Industry in Ireland

Options
  • 17-03-2018 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a small bit off work in college on Genealogy in Ireland and was wondering is there any books that people would recommended on the Genealogy Industry in Ireland ?

I suppose I'm looking at when did most of the Genealogical centres start, What organisations are in Ireland ? Do they bring in much tourists from abroad ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There's no books on the industry that I'm aware of. Most genealogists are self-employed. The heritage centres (if that's what you mean) are run by companies probably with some funding from the Dept of Arts, Heritage & Culture.

If you read our main sticky, you'll find answers to some of your questions. Most repositories engage in some form of genealogical guidance, but it's all on a drop in, free basis, so they don't "bring any tourists in" per se.

You might need to ask different questions to get what you're looking for.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement