Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Ready-to-Go” site for 43 houses in Carrickmines (Blackberry Hill)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

air wrote: »
    Have you any evidence to support your imagination?

Yep having spoken to the builders and researched the developers, no stone has been left unturned with the quality of house layout.

The only downside is the sloping road where every second home is liable to treacherous conditions every winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aidrian

Anyone know what is going on adjoining site and site accross the road? looks very run down with wooden hoarding opposite the front houses. If council own it will they build social housing there? Will there be a wall or railings at front of site? Is there sufficient drainage at back of these houses to cope with heavy rain going downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aidrian

Are they going to have yet another launch or what? Is there a problem with these houses? Has anyone bought and finalised the sale yet?

Adds seem to be taken down and no news on launch. It's all gone strangely quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

This thread stinks somewhat, a lot of the posts with positive comments are from newly registered posters. On the other hand posts are coming through with serious accusations about build qualtiy but presumably are being deleted by mods (understandably) due to potential legal concerns.

Back to the development, some pedestrian crossing lights have been installed on the Kilternan side of the roundabout now at least which addresses one of my earlier concerns somewhat.

4th hit in Google for the site. Topics like this are generally the things that attract accounts to boards.ie.
    because thats an ugly to look at dormer that happens to be in a better area. half the price of that is all postcode.

To me, based solely on location that house is significantly better. But I can understand PVTHCK's position.
    Have you any evidence to support your imagination?

Houses have significantly better build quality as the years go on, as housing regulations were brought in and improved on.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

The only downside is the sloping road

Having lived on a sloping driveway into a sloping road, I wouldn't recommend it due to problems of getting car out of driveway and onto road in the winter unless you have a 4 wheel drive motor.
    I've been stranded many times in the past when it's very icy with no alternative into town.

Official launch today and tomorrow 2-4 and the price list remains unchanged. Anyone going?

9 sold so far which indicates prior sales numbers were a little manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,305 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Having lived on a sloping driveway into a sloping road, I wouldn't recommend it due to problems of getting car out of driveway and onto road in the winter unless you have a 4 wheel drive motor.
    I've been stranded many times in the past when it's very icy with no alternative into town.
    Do you drive a BMW? They are the worst in Icey hills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

This estate is alongside the M50, not exactly at the top of the Dublin mountains.
    I've not experienced any ice around the area over the past few years which admittedly have been mild winters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bruce Lin

anybody want to buy house at blackberry hill may just PM me. We may can go for it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bruce Lin wrote: »
    anybody want to buy house at blackberry hill may just PM me. We may can go for it together.

Just draw a line down the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

What is the noise level with the house's garden? Is there a constant loud hummm from the M50?

The estate is alongside the motorway, you can see the houses clearly from the other side as you come down the hill.
    Plenty of motorway noise is going to be unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

The estate is alongside the motorway, you can see the houses clearly from the other side as you come down the hill.
    Plenty of motorway noise is going to be unavoidable.
    Thanks - I know it is very close but sometimes the lay of the land means it isn't too bad. The noise probably means these are a none runner for me :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks - I know it is very close but sometimes the lay of the land means it isn't too bad. The noise probably means these are a none runner for me :(

I live 100m from the M50 at the next interchange. The noise wont be a problem. It becomes white noise.

Nearest house is actually about 110m from the M50. Google Earth imagery is up to date from June 2016 & great quality.
    Might be useful for anyone checking orientation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ahfsb

Hi guys,
    Can i ask the residents if you hear the M50 noise when you are inside the house? Are all the houses in the last 2 rows are the same price ? I tried calling the agent good few times but no answer / call back. Does any of you have any document which shows measurements of all the back gardens ? is it correct that there is no gas available in these houses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Hi everyone, just wondering about these houses. Can anyone who bought here provide some details on how they have found the house/area? I'm curious as to why they appear to have been taken off the market last year and still have not sold?

Advertisement