Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish/EU equivalent to a Canadian plug

Options
  • 09-07-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I'm just looking for some advise on buying a plug in Ireland/online for a baby monitor that I got in canada.i have attached a picture of the power supply that is listed on the box. It's a USB connection into the plug itself. If any more info is required please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

This will output 5v 2A

SOAIY 5V 2A USB Power Adapter Mains Charger Portable UK Wall Plug Fast Charger with USB on the Top for Vanity Mirror Lights,Kindle,Fire Tablets,Echo,IOS,Samsung,Nexus,HTC,Huawei,Motorola,OPPO (1pcs)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K2PWQGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wnpjDbFGQSMNP

• Registered Users Posts: 35 robertbobert

This will output 5v 2A

SOAIY 5V 2A USB Power Adapter Mains Charger Portable UK Wall Plug Fast Charger with USB on the Top for Vanity Mirror Lights,Kindle,Fire Tablets,Echo,IOS,Samsung,Nexus,HTC,Huawei,Motorola,OPPO (1pcs)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K2PWQGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wnpjDbFGQSMNP

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'll pick one of these up. But before I do, I have an old Samsung charger plug that seems to match up with what's required, do you think this would do the job? See attached

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're happy that it's a genuine Samsung charger, that will do the job. Virtually any charger that came with a tablet should be rated at 2A and will do the job. But try to find one that's closer to 5V (than 5.3V) if you can find one. A phone charger would typically be up to 1.5A so wouldn't cut it.

Advertisement