Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilets not filling

Options
  • 16-07-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My water pressure was reduced a few days ago for a couple of hours to facilitate works. Since being turned back up both my upstairs toilet cisterns aren't filling. Any idea what caused this and how I can fix it? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi Jenleah,
    Jenleah wrote: »
    My water pressure was reduced a few days ago for a couple of hours to facilitate works. Since being turned back up both my upstairs toilet cisterns aren't filling. Any idea what caused this and how I can fix it? Thanks
    It is likely that during the reduced water pressure that the water was being used from the tank in the attic, which would have caused the level of the water to drop below a certain level. This could have potentially caused an air lock in the private side pipework within your home. You can follow the video provided on our website here www.water.ie/support/questions-and-answers/how-to-check-for-and-clea/ which will show you how to clear this.

If you are currently experiencing reduced water pressure to the cold kitchen tap and there are currently no works in your area; can you please PM us the following details?

- Name;
    - Contact number; and
    - Address.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Advertisement