Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reset Vibration sensor

Options
  • 03-09-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Got new windows and the boys took off the vibration sensors and then put them back on

When I try to turn on the alarm , the panel is telling me the windows are open. How do I rest the sensor?

I have a HKC Quantum 70

Thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Hi All

Got new windows and the boys took off the vibration sensors and then put them back on

When I try to turn on the alarm , the panel is telling me the windows are open. How do I rest the sensor?

I have a HKC Quantum 70

Thanks

That was nice of them, is it only shock sensors you have or are the contacts also used ?

I would suggest that you call them tomorrow and advise them of your difficulty.
    Many times I have encountered window fitters removing sensors but this is the first time i have encountered them refitting them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

kub wrote: »
    That was nice of them, is it only shock sensors you have or are the contacts also used ?

I would suggest that you call them tomorrow and advise them of your difficulty.
    Many times I have encountered window fitters removing sensors but this is the first time i have encountered them refitting them

Just shock ones, they are the wireless ones

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Thats a very definite no no.
    All window fitters know they cannot do this and to be fair most will tell the homeowner they cannot do this.
    Go to the PSA site, find a qualified alarm installer in your area and call them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Thats a very definite no no.
    All window fitters know they cannot do this and to be fair most will tell the homeowner they cannot do this.
    Go to the PSA site, find a qualified alarm installer in your area and call them

Don’t get it. These are wireless devices, I assumed once they are back on, then they would reconnect, is this not the case?

What do the glass fitter do wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Don’t get it. These are wireless devices, I assumed once they are back on, then they would reconnect, is this not the case?

What do the glass fitter do wrong?

They worked on a Security system without an appropriate licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement