Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Fine day here today, Thursday I thought was worst than yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Cloudy and overcast in ncd today. Went fishing, didn't catch anything big enough for eating as it was flat calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    Cloudy and overcast in ncd today. Went fishing, didn't catch anything big enough for eating as it was flat calm.

great pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Lovely morning in cork city... could be a warm one I'd say, hope anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Lovely morning in cork city... could be a warm one I'd say, hope anyways...

Completely overcast in Laois. Very dead not a breeze to knock out a match. Pity it was forecasted to be a lovely warm day for today mon and Tuesday but think the eastern side of the country is not going to get it as good this time round.

I should add that's according to yr

• Advertisement

Fog on the ground this mornin
    A good heavy shower at 1 and now a good clear sunny day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Stunner of a day here and a smasher of an evening. Went to the beach with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lovely day today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Rain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »
    Rain

Same as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭visatorro

Have to say there's nothing nicer than this morning, warm drizzle. Reminds of times growing up. Happy times. Well the bits I can remember anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Had a deluge of rain from 6pm yesterdaytill about 6:30 this morning. And had sea fog since yesterday morning too. Bastard of a wind now, very winter feeling.
    Neighbour got caught with grass mowed for bales. Baled half up in the fog and rest was baled in the pissing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Good bit of rain overnight, dry and overcast now, windy too.

Some shower falling here now

Some shower falling here now

Aye. Got stuck in it going down to close in the cows

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

Brilliant day here today until about 4. Very heavy rain since then and we had thunder and lightning too but it has stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Really heavy rain here overnight,totally undoing the good work of the drying wind we had yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Heavy rain all last night but a grand dry day with good winds. Sunny evening now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Pissing rain in Limerick.

Its sh1t

• Advertisement

Its sh1t

Someone put the rain gun on the tanker?

Was topping away before dinner. Was thinking what great drying there is. Then a massive fecking shower fell... .....

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Very unsettled here in kerry last few days and the 15 day forecast dosent look any better

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

We had a nice morning here today but since about 1 we have had strong wind and heavy rain. Judging by the sky, there is no sign of it getting any better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Lashing rain.

No problem with grass greening back up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Lashing rain.

No problem with grass greening back up now.
    I went for a wander into the second cut today, the heavier ground was great but the shallower ground was very light. I'm very glad I bought 20 acres of second cut now. We've been tipping along from near crisis to near crisis since April but it's looking like we may avoid silage going in this Summer.

Grazing ground is powering on after the rain last weekend and this rain should keep it going for a while yet. Be nice if it stayed for a while instead of 5 minutes of heavy rain and then stopping again though.

I went for a wander into the second cut today, the heavier ground was great but the shallower ground was very light. I'm very glad I bought 20 acres of second cut now. We've been tipping along from near crisis to near crisis since April but it's looking like we may avoid silage going in this Summer.

Grazing ground is powering on after the rain last weekend and this rain should keep it going for a while yet. Be nice if it stayed for a while instead of 5 minutes of heavy rain and then stopping again though.

2nd cuts could be light around here

Reggie. wrote: »
    2nd cuts could be light around here

Would second cuts not be done by now?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Would second cuts not be done by now?

Just finished up first cuts around here recently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

On the weather forums they're saying for the foreseeable and that is usually only 10 days ahead, that there's no sign of any drought now anyway. There'll be fine days here and there but no prolonged dry spell yet. It's not too bad for grass farmers atm.
    The aftergrass came back in just at the right time.

I was down in south Wexford and around Kilkenny today and some places would be 19 c and Sun shining and other places complete downpours with showers and nearly floods on the roads and the wipers on full belt.

Greenfields looks to have just enough grass too. Matching the stocking rate to the growth fairly well. Certainly no surpluses.

Edit: the one thing though it would break your heart looking at good land from the roads now being neglected. Up to 5 years ago all land was farmed well and people tried to make a living and had a bit of pride. Now there's docks and ragwort and long grass on land and people don't care.
    Easy know they've an income from something else.
    Anyway rant over.
    (But you would like to give some people a kick up the hole.):rolleyes:

Advertisement