Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint Saorview Connect + UK channels terrestrial

Options
  • 13-10-2020 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I live near the border (Donegal / Derry) and currently receive UK and ROI TV channels over terrestrial (i.e. areal).

I wish to purchase a PVR.

I am looking at the Powerpoint Saorview Connect, however, I know it works for UK channels via SAT, however, will is pick up UK channels via terrestrial?

Also, does it allow EPG recording for the UK channels?

Thanks for you help
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deco76

Hi,

I bought the Connect box to replace my Humax Fox HD T2 because I wanted season link. I have to say its a terrible piece of hardware. Its response time is poor. Sometimes the screen just goes blank and you have to reboot it. But recently the Aerial input stopped working. I contacted support who said they would send someone to collect it but nobody came. I have gone back to my Humax and bar the season link its far superior box even though its over 10 years old now.

Dec

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It's bloody awful. I got loan of one for a week.
    It freezes. It loses the sat signal and has to restart.
    It over heats.
    Its EPG doesn't update correctly.

Really need an alternative for sat and saorview

Advertisement