Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media uncontactable

Options
  • 10-09-2020 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Virgin Media are taking a lesson from EIR and becoming just as bad.

Step 1. Make yourself contactable. Step 2. Send the customer round in circles until they eventually piss off.

They're not answering their phone. 1908

They're not answering WhatsApp messages.

I got the following
    Welcome to Virgin Media Ireland support. Whether it's joining us for the first time, getting the best from your service or understanding your bill, we're here to help.
    Please select an option below...
    1) Technical Support
    2) Customer Care
    3) Mobile Phone Support
    4) Sales
    5) Virgin TV360 Queries

Then when you key in 2 Absolutely nothing happens.

Trying to get through yesterday and spent the last 2 hours doing the same.

Website is useless for contacting them.

They've closed down their Boards site.

You cannot contact them directly. Therefore you cannot cancel. They'll just keep taking money out of your account.

They're telling you on their website that there may be a delay as their staff are working at home. That's a lie. Why would staff working at home mean a worse service. I'm not even getting a worse service. They're not employing any/enough staff to deal with queries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'd recommend trying Twitter if you use it.

Murt10 wrote: »
    ..... Website is useless for contacting them...........

They're telling you on their website that there may be a delay as their staff are working at home. That's a lie. Why would staff working at home mean a worse service. I'm not even getting a worse service. They're not employing any/enough staff to deal with queries.

I got through to them yesterday via messenger on their website. A very helpful lady dealt with my query...... I did have to wait a few minutes but not a huge issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Augeo wrote: »
    I got through to them yesterday via messenger on their website. A very helpful lady dealt with my query...... I did have to wait a few minutes but not a huge issue.

My €1 sky sports deal ran out last month, and there's no way I'm pay full tilt for that rubbish. But they won't accept cancellations online nor will they answer the phone. Tried a number of times to get through but I, you know, have a job to do also and don't have the time to waste.

I'll make it clear to them to waive their 30 day notice period (i'm sure they'll tell me where to go though:D).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The WhatsApp support has been atrocious lately. I was waiting 24 hours for a reply, then when I got one they asked if I still required assistance and closed the query within a minute. I hadn't even the chance to see the notification.

There seems to be a big backlog across all support platforms at times, a consequence of working from home I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Contact comreg and notify them of your trouble cancelling. They'll then have a record in case your fighting for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Took about 7 or 8 days at the start of lock down, and then only through whats app.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had this the past two days. Got a phone from them, didn't work so couldn't call them. Absolute mare. In desperation I set up a facebook account. A fcuking facebook account!! Now the americans know everything about me.

Actually this worked although it took about 24 hours. I posted a mental message that really reads like I was unhinged. I presume it's private, I don't know how facebook works, anyway it worked and they contacted me and resolved it pretty quick in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

mollser wrote: »
    My €1 sky sports deal ran out last month, and there's no way I'm pay full tilt for that rubbish. But they won't accept cancellations online nor will they answer the phone. Tried a number of times to get through but I, you know, have a job to do also and don't have the time to waste.

I'll make it clear to them to waive their 30 day notice period (i'm sure they'll tell me where to go though:D).

My contract with sports ends next month. I contacted them on whatsapp yesterday to make sure Sports was cancelled when the contract ended. When I went to watch SS last night it was gone off the TV completely.
    I contacted them again on whatsapp to say there has been a misunderstanding. They acknowledged that and said I can have SS back but they have to charge me €40 per month extra now. So basically I am on a Sports Bundle without Sports channels. They removed Sports but I'm still being charged the same price. They're some operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

They're absolutely appalling. And when they do eventually reply to your WhatsApp the next day, they'll cut you off if you don't respond within an hour...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For what it's worth you can cancel by emailing cancel@virginmedia.ie and you get a confirmation straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Polar101

I noticed the same last month when they had Sky Sports 50% off, but it was only showing 20% off on the website. So when I tried to contact them (using whatsapp and the chat on their website), no answers on a couple of different days at different times.

You'd think they'd answer pretty quick if you tell them you want to give them more money, but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's sadly become an unacceptable reality that communications companies don't actually want to communicate with their customers, close to home, few if any now have a talk to facility on boards. Eir & 3 in particular are notoriously difficult to get through too and it seems the greatest ever tool invented or abused to deflect consumer enquiries is GDPR.

Social media seems to be to only way to get a reaction, the 3 customer care feed on twitter is actually Hillarious. Regulators too are now in on the act introducing bizzare criteria in advance of consumers making contact with them to resolve long standing issues. Comreg has in essence become a toothless regulatory body.

Sadly it is what is is, no one in authority seems to care and the notion of customer care is quite simply pie in the sky. Customer churning is all that seems to matter.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It's sadly become an unacceptable reality that communications companies don't actually want to communicate with their customers, close to home, few if any now have a talk to facility on boards. Eir & 3 in particular are notoriously difficult to get through too and it seems the greatest ever tool invented or abused to deflect consumer enquiries is GDPR.

Social media seems to be to only way to get a reaction, the 3 customer care feed on twitter is actually Hillarious. Regulators too are now in on the act introducing bizzare criteria in advance of consumers making contact with them to resolve long standing issues. Comreg has in essence become a toothless regulatory body.

Sadly it is what is is, no one in authority seems to care and the notion of customer care is quite simply pie in the sky. Customer churning is all that seems to matter.

+1 and to think most of these companies have a head of customer care. Nice work if you can get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

so.. sent an email to the 'cancel' email address above, that appears to be for cancelling ALL your VM services, so I'll see if anyone comes back other than the automated response.

Followed that up with a whatsapp at 8:50 this morning clarifying I want to cancel the sports, no response so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Contact comreg and notify them of your trouble cancelling. They'll then have a record in case your fighting for a refund.

Yet another example of where there should be a law that states if you can sign up online, then you must be allowed cancel online.

Advertisement