Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 3 Irish TV works on DVD or VHS

Options
  • 21-02-2017 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello -

I'm in the USA, but I'm looking for the following 3 Irish TV works on either DVD or VHS, regardless of regional format -

1. These 10 episodes of "On Home Ground", an Irish TV series (hourlong drama) that was broadcast on RTE from 2001 to 2002 (2 seasons) -

Episode #1.1
    Episode #1.2
    Episode #1.3
    Episode #1.4
    Episode #1.7
    Episode #2.1
    Episode #2.3
    Episode #2.4
    Episode #2.5
    Episode #2.8

2. The first 6 episodes from the 1st season of "Raw", an Irish TV series (hourlong drama) that had its first season broadcast on RTE in 2008

3. "Whiskey Echo" (all of it), an Irish-Canadian TV movie or miniseries (drama) that may have been split into 4 hourlong episodes in January & February of 2005

If anyone has any of them, knows where I could find any of them, or knows of any other, possibly better, sites, message boards, forums, Usenet newsgroups, etc. on the Internet where I could post this message, esp. such as ones in Ireland (or Canada for "Whiskey Echo") or relating to DVD's, VHS videotapes, etc., it'll be greatly well-appreciated if you could let me know - thanks.  You can e-mail me at <SNIP>

Admin Edit: putting an email address in a public forum is not a great idea. If you can help TF9, send them a private message. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Very difficult to get any of these dramas.

RTÉ archives is the best place to go or perhaps the original producers. (Parallel films - On Home Ground)

In relation to RAW its actually a remake of a Scottish drama written by an Irish writer. Season 1 differs from the rest as it aired on RTÉ2, it was a bit more explicit.

Never heard of the Canadian co-pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TF9

Thanks for that.  I'll try Parallel Films for "On Home Ground", although the IMDB (Internet Movie Database) lists different producers under "Company Credits" on their page for "On Home Ground" -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289005/?ref_=nv_sr_1

And sorry that I forgot to mention it in my original message, but I've already tried RTE's own official site (months ago, actually), and unfortunately not only were they unable to help me, but they even had difficulties trying to explain why they couldn't.  Thanks anyway, though, as I appreciate your efforts to help.

Also, sorry that I forgot to mention that, as the latest update, I've now very recently managed to acquire all 6 episodes of Season 1 of "Raw" on DVD (2 discs) from Amazon.co.uk, as well as a region-free DVD player on eBay, so now I'm looking for just the 10 episodes from the first 2 seasons of "On Home Ground" & all of "Whiskey Echo".

TF9 wrote: »
    Also, sorry that I forgot to mention that, as the latest update, I've now very recently managed to acquire all 6 episodes of Season 1 of "Raw" on DVD (2 discs) from Amazon.co.uk, as well as a region-free DVD player on eBay, so now I'm looking for just the 10 episodes from the first 2 seasons of "On Home Ground" & all of "Whiskey Echo".

Why just those eps from On Home Ground? The Clinic is now available on RTÉ Player.

Elmo wrote -

Why just those eps from On Home Ground? The Clinic is now available on RTE Player.

I'm a fan of certain actors/actresses in those particular episodes.  And thanks for telling me, but what is The Clinic?  Is that the title of one of particular episodes that I'm looking for?  Which particular one?  And if yes, then how can I see it on RTE Player, which I'm not familiar with at all, if I'm in the USA?  Thanks again.

• Advertisement

TF9 wrote: »
    Elmo wrote -

Why just those eps from On Home Ground? The Clinic is now available on RTE Player.

I'm a fan of certain actors/actresses in those particular episodes.  And thanks for telling me, but what is The Clinic?  Is that the title of one of particular episodes that I'm looking for?  Which particular one?  And if yes, then how can I see it on RTE Player, which I'm not familiar with at all, if I'm in the USA?  Thanks again.

The Clinic was On Home Ground's replacement. They where produced by Parallel productions for RTÉ. Largely speaking both replaced Glenroe, and later both where replaced by RAW. Sunday Night TV Drama. To a lesser extent Love/Hate also took over that time slot, but generally it would not be regarded as a replacement show, due to content.

Amy Huberman was in both The Clinic and On Home Ground (currently starring in the current Sunday Night Drama Striking Out).

Some shows are available on RTÉ's On-demand service (called RTÉ Player, similar to BBC iPlayer). The Clinic is possibly only available to those in the Republic Of Ireland. www.rte.ie/player <<< they have an international version.

Elmo wrote: »

Hi Elmo -

First, thanks very much for your posting, and I apologize very much (really sorry) for not replying much sooner, but I finally got around to checking out the link that you kindly posted. Very unfortunately, I can't get the RTE player to work for me, as I get the following message when I use the link -

"Uh oh. Looks like you're lost...
    The page you were looking for doesn't exist. Try the 'Discover' page to find something else."

Could it be due to the fact that I'm actually located in the USA rather than Ireland or the U.K.? Are there any ways whatsoever that I could somehow get it to work for myself? Or, if not, then are there any ways at all that someone who can get it to work for himself or herself could record or copy the 10 episodes of "On Home Ground" that I need onto DVD recordable discs that I could pay for, plus any/all other costs involved, such as shipping them to me in the USA?

Please let me know - it'll be greatly well-appreciated. Thanks very much again, & Happy Holidays to all who celebrate them!

Unfortunately it appears that Elmo will be unable to help me, and I still haven't been able to get RTE Player to work for me since early January (I'm in the USA), so is there ANYONE else out there who could possibly record Episodes 2, 3, 4, & 7 of Season 1 of "On Home Ground" for me onto DVD recordable discs that I could pay for, plus shipping costs, etc.?

If there's ANYONE whatsoever out there who could (please) help me out, it'll be tremendously appreciated - THANKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

It was produced by LittleBird (who I think went into liquidation) for RTE.

But Wildfire Films where involved. You might want to ask someone over there if its obtainable on DVD.

https://wildfirefilms.net/

The series are still on RTEPlayer. But it will be geo blocked outside Ireland.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply, but I actually already e-mailed Wildfire Films less than 2 years ago, and they thought that they actually had it, but unfortunately it turned out that they didn't.

Also, I'm sorry to say that I forgot to let everyone here know that, as of several weeks ago, I've been no longer needing "On Home Ground", because the 4 particular episodes that I needed on RTE Player were already ripped & very kindly provided to me on the https://weshare.me site - completely free of charge, even after I had said that I was very willing to pay whatever necessary.
    STB. wrote: »
    It was produced by LittleBird (who I think went into liquidation) for RTE.

But Wildfire Films where involved. You might want to ask someone over there if its obtainable on DVD.

https://wildfirefilms.net/

The series are still on RTEPlayer. But it will be geo blocked outside Ireland.

Advertisement