Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha+ - Anyone's power supply die?

Options
  • 20-10-2020 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am wondering if Power Supply failure is a common theme in the Tiviar Alpha+.

I have seen a number of issues in the threads and wondering how many of us had this issue and should it be addressed, post-warranty. Mine is two years old.

Has your Tiviar Alpha+ power supply failed?

Have you been able to replace it?

I am looking to replace mine and my local AV Service center cannot replace it and World of Sat are still trying to see if they can find one.

Thanks,
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭endeval

Quality reply by World of Satellite and then they closed the support ticket

At the moment we do not have any spares of this power supply, we're trying to track one down but we cannot guarantee we'll be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I got the same response, they first closed my ticket without even responding.

Will not be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fieldofsheep

I’m also encountering problems with the power supply on my box - if I power it off or even go into deep standby, it fails to turn on again.

However, I am able to get it started up again consistently by reseating the power connector between the PSU board and the mainboard internally - the connector plugs in beneath the hard drive enclosure. Might be worth a shot!

Advertisement