Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV not working

Options
  • 14-10-2020 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey ,

I just received the Apple TV as part of a new contract. Got it delivered to the home address but figured as it's an app it should work anywhere.

I'm down the country setting it up and while the box is fine, eir TV app keeps advising it can't show the channel in this location. This is happening on all channels.

I've updated Apple TV, uninstalled and reinstalled the eir app and also factory reset the box.

Surely it isn't tied to the address if it's just an app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

lenoude wrote: »
    Hey ,

I just received the Apple TV as part of a new contract. Got it delivered to the home address but figured as it's an app it should work anywhere.

I'm down the country setting it up and while the box is fine, eir TV app keeps advising it can't show the channel in this location. This is happening on all channels.

I've updated Apple TV, uninstalled and reinstalled the eir app and also factory reset the box.

Surely it isn't tied to the address if it's just an app?
    Curious did you resolve the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is it tied to Eir broadband? I know with Virgin only some channels will work on their app only with a Virgin connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'd love to know the answer to this, if Eir tv worked anywhere I'd probably get one but not if it's restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Hey

So I spoke with eir tech team that night. They advised it should work once I'm in the country. Played around and reset the box etc and it still wouldn't work.

Went in store and they advised it's actually tied to the broadband account so unfortunately the eir TV won't work on Apple TV in a different location.

The app on my mobile works fine for casting,but it seems some programs are blocked due to rights restrictions.

It's not so bad because the cost is working out the same as I was paying initially before recontracting. So no major loss

Advertisement