Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That would make no sense. They bought the rights to specifically show 3pm Saturday games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

There still is three 3pm games in the fixtures.
    Would they not show them, unless they're trying to get showing some of the games that got moved for box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Spn744

I’ve emailed premier sports for an answer to this - I’ll let everyone know if they reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

There are world wide contracts too, this could go the way of China refusing to pay outstanding payments. Is this EPL bubble going to burst? Me for one cannot see how these EPL clubs are still spending as normal and their incomes must be hit? How does this work with the Financial fair play?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Spn744 wrote: »
    I’ve emailed premier sports for an answer to this - I’ll let everyone know if they reply!

Premier Sports looks to have announced this morning their games.

Nice to see more games than the usual 3pm Sat fixtures.

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1316317288786731008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Brian017

Them having 3 extra PPV games is unexpected. Good to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Strange - anybody order a PPV game on Box Office in ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Spn744

Great news!! :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Strange - anybody order a PPV game on Box Office in ROI?

They still appear available to order, oddly enough. Wonder if refunds will be offered to Sports Extra customers who ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

Brian017 wrote: »
    Them having 3 extra PPV games is unexpected. Good to see!

Could this be compensation for the exclusive rights to 3pm games that they lost last season during the summer? As in will these extra games only be for a few weeks and could they then just go back to having the 3pm kick off? Hopefully not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi does anyone know if the premier player/app is available for download/register to ROI customers or is it only UK customers? We have the premier sports pack as part of a bundle with BT & Sky Sports.

Really sucks premier sports not on the sky go app so I was thinking registering for the premier sports player would be a handy way around this but looks like its just for UK customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Delta2113

U.K. only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

beya2009 wrote: »

Really sucks premier sports not on the sky go app so I was thinking registering for the premier sports player would be a handy way around this but looks like its just for UK customers.

Premier Sports is on the Sky go along with BT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Premier Sports is definitely on Sky Go

La Liga TV isn’t though

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Dodge wrote: »
    Premier Sports is definitely on Sky Go

La Liga TV isn’t though

Oh it is as well. Jeez I was confused lol

Yeah it's a shame no la liga on sky go especially with el clasico today but I can live without la liga. That's pretty sweet...I kept thinking only sky sports and BT channels was on sky go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hi does anyone know if the premier player/app is available for download/register to ROI customers or is it only UK customers? We have the premier sports pack as part of a bundle with BT & Sky Sports.

It’s UK only, but Premier Sports is on Sky Go.

It’s UK only, but Premier Sports is on Sky Go.

Premier sports 1 and 2 are on Sky go in Ireland too

Of you're looking for the Premier Sport channels on the sky go app you need to search for it on "All Channels". For some reason its not listed in the Sports category. At least not on mine anyway

Acosta wrote: »
    Of you're looking for the Premier Sport channels on the sky go app you need to search for it on "All Channels". For some reason its not listed in the Sports category. At least not on mine anyway

They’re in the sports part on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

And on mine :pac:

• Advertisement

Don't know whats going on with mine so

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Manc_Red

Strange hissing noise when Premier Sport moves across to their own commentary team for their live EPL games.

Remember Setanta having it too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Manc_Red wrote: »
    Strange hissing noise when Premier Sport moves across to their own commentary team for their live EPL games.

Remember Setanta having it too
    That would be Brian Kerr talking through his hole nose :pac:

Premier Sport have a had a lot of signal issues during matches recently. I had to laugh when I saw someone on Twitter refer to it as the Back Soon channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i wonder are they running out of money? they initial investment from the ex setanta sell off must have worn out now so all cash spent on sports rights means less investment on tech

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The cost of the Pro14 deal while it was off line due to Covid probably didn’t help. It’s probably Premier Sports biggest U.K. rights purchase and one which requires them to produce 3-4 games per round on top of the rights fee itself. I know they dumped Sunset and Vine and brought the production in house from late last season, apparently to save money.

• Administrators Posts: 53,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Be surprised if they renew their Pro14 deal, or at least if they don't come in with significantly reduced terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Stewball

awec wrote: »
    Be surprised if they renew their Pro14 deal, or at least if they don't come in with significantly reduced terms.

I hope Premier Sports doesn't renew the Pro14 deal.
    As a soccer fan I hate European football taking a back seat to Dragons vs Lions or whatever they call themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Stewball wrote: »
    I hope Premier Sports doesn't renew the Pro14 deal.
    As a soccer fan I hate European football taking a back seat to Dragons vs Lions or whatever they call themselves.
    I would rather watch grown men taking the knocks (and giving them) while still playing on instead of over-paid snowflakes dropping to the ground from imaginary tackles :)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    I would rather watch grown men taking the knocks (and giving them) while still playing on instead of over-paid snowflakes dropping to the ground from imaginary tackles :)

As can be seen in the ratings, you’re very much in the minority

Snowflakes. FFS

Advertisement