Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does sky mini box need sky broadband

Options
  • 14-10-2020 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a sky q box and a sky q mini box as well. Also have sky q modem. I'm thinking about switching to eir broadband for the eir sports channels but am wondering if the sky q mini box need me to be signed up to sky broadband for it to work? Will an eir router still operate the mini box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

coco0981 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a sky q box and a sky q mini box as well. Also have sky q modem. I'm thinking about switching to eir broadband for the eir sports channels but am wondering if the sky q mini box need me to be signed up to sky broadband for it to work? Will an eir router still operate the mini box?

I have Sky Q with Virgin broadband so it doesn't have to be Sky. Good luck with eir though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I have Sky Q with Virgin broadband so it doesn't have to be Sky. Good luck with eir though!

Oh I know all about them unfortunately, their customer service is the pits

I know the main sky q box will be fine, its the mini box I just wasn't sure about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It'll be fine but be prepared for the running around the house pressing buttons on the various boxes until they connect.

The main change will be to the Q master where you will need to go into setup and change the router it's looking for

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/setting-up-sky-q/connect-to-third-party-router

Advertisement