Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching live F1

Options
  • 25-08-2020 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

What is the cheapest way of watching live Formula 1. I have Virgin Horizon cable and a Humax Sat box and watch F1 on C4 about 4 hours later than the live event. I don't watch any other football or sports programmes so I have never had a sports package or ever intend getting one. So if anyone can give me a lead to the cheapest way of watching this event please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nedington

haymur wrote: »
    What is the cheapest way of live F1. I have Virgin Horizon cable and a Humax Sat box and watch F1 on C4 about 4 hours later than the live event. I don't watch any other football or sports programmes so I have never had a sports package or ever intend getting one. So if anyone can give me a lead to the cheapest way of watching this event please let me know.

NowTV have a deal at the mo for 23 euro a month for 6 months. You get all the sky sports channels with that

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nedington

Nedington wrote: »
    NowTV have a deal at the mo for 23 euro a month for 6 months. You get all the sky sports channels with that

Apologies I see it has reverted back to 39 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

Thanks but either price is a bit too high for me to see 2 -3 races a month. I have some free sports channels on my cable but I have never watched them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Thanks but either price is a bit too high for me to see 2 -3 races a month. I have some free sports channels on my cable but I have never watched them.

Unfortunately, F1 is gone to pay TV now in virtually all of Europe (Germany’s RTL being one of the last FTA broadcasters left of the entire Championship and they are giving it up after this season) and FOM are slowly rolling out their own OTT pay TV service. A pity for a sport that once literally thrived on mass viewership (I lost count of the times I was told it would be one of the last to go to pay TV, because of teams dependence on sponsorship income) but it’s really one for the purists now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Didn't know RTL were stopping with F1, that's a bummer. Last time I looked F1 TV wasn't available here, due to Sky having the rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

I am aware that its gone to pay TV and only one or two races are live on C4 every season so I was looking for the cheapest deal where I can watch the races live at the lowest cost I don't want a package of sports I will never watch and wondered which was cheapest just for F1

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

I am aware that is gone to pay TV and only one or two races are live on C4 every season so I was looking for the cheapest deal where I can watch the races live at the lowest cost i dont want a package of sports I will never watch and wondered which was cheapest just for F1

Now TV would be the cheapest. Keep an eye out for advertised deals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Alun wrote: »
    Didn't know RTL were stopping with F1, that's a bummer. Last time I looked F1 TV wasn't available here, due to Sky having the rights.

They had ads during the races. It was awful to watch.

Advertisement