Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for the new Eurostar service between London and Amsterdam now live (From £45p

Options
  • 20-02-2018 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en

I only booked as far as Brussels and the return cost was £58 stg.

I also booked the return flight to London Stansted from Dublin cost a total of E40 including paying E3 each way for seat selection.

Going to be a long day, but I've never been on the Eurostar and I have been dying to try it.

Brilliant father and child day out for their birthday. Sure we wouldn't bother with this type of thing except for the kids (ah hem!):D

Lifted from HUKD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

What am I doing wrong? Every journey I see changes in Brussels and their landing page says they will be from £35 and cheapest I can see if £45?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

I tried again, This is for return travel on 14 June 2018. All the fares over are £29. And trains back to London at 16.56 and 17.56 are also £29

https://booking.eurostar.com/uk-en/train-search/standard/7015400/8814001?adult=1&outbound-date=2018-06-14&inbound-date=2018-06-14

Hope this helps

Those are to Brussels though. Eurostar have been running them for years.

Your headline says Amsterdam (which was supposed to launch today but hasn’t). You had my hopes so high! :(

The launch (which was supposed to happen today) is for a direct train from London to Amsterdam; no changing.

The return will transit through Brussels until passport controls are set up at Amsterdam which are anticipated to take a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Batgurl wrote: »

Your headline says Amsterdam (which was supposed to launch today but hasn’t). You had my hopes so high! :(

Not as high as Amsterdam will
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Sorry lads.

I originally looked at Amsterdam, but then when I was booking, I seen that there was a change in Brussels.

As I was only looking for a daytrip, I went for the Brussels option.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Have done the Eurostar a fair few times over the years. I guess what with living on this island; it still is a total buzz to get over to London and rock up to The Gare du Nord in Paris or the Gare du Midi in Bruxelles not 2 1/2 hours later. Brilliant experience. Never tire of it.

Try the full on experience sometime and depart Dublin port and take the train from Holyhead to London Euston. It's a nice experience to do. With favourable onward connections you'll be in Paris in just 12 hours.

Enjoy OP with your son. Have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Murt10 wrote: »
    Sorry lads.

I originally looked at Amsterdam, but then when I was booking, I seen that there was a change in Brussels.

As I was only looking for a daytrip, I went for the Brussels option.

The Thalys will get you from Bruxelles Midi to Amsterdam Centraal in under two hours, via Antwerp and Rotterdam. Book three months ahead to get best value. I got return from Bruxelles to Paris for €50 earlier this month to get to the France v Ireland game in the Stade De France. Great way to travel...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Direct tickets for Amsterdam go on sale on the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It’s something I have always planned on doing might wait until the two kids are a bit older
    Every time I consider planning it I look at the time then end up just booking a flight and Me with free train travel throughout Europe (have to pay a small subsidy on Eurostar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sugarman wrote: »

It doesnt go directly to Amsterdam, you hit immigration in Brussels and have to change trains on wards to Amsterdam from what I've read.

Its hardly a bargain alert all the same, unless youre in London.. and even then you can fly for less.
    What’s this immigration that you talk off?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sugarman wrote: »

It doesnt go directly to Amsterdam, you hit immigration in Brussels and have to change trains on wards to Amsterdam from what I've read.

Its hardly a bargain alert all the same, unless youre in London.. and even then you can fly for less.
    What’s this immigration that you talk off?

Passport control.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gct

I got the Eurostar a few years back and passport control/immigration desk was in London.

Now they are live and from £35 each way!

Advertisement