Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos play 1 Black €152

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

givecredit wrote: »
    Sonos Play 1 Black €151.99 at Littlewoods Ireland. The Currently retail for £149 stg on Amazon. Excellent wireless speaker. Now with the Amazon Alexa skill. Voice activation of music etc when you have Amazon Dot or Echo linked through Alexa skill.

Truely great sound. Even Better with Stereo Paired with 2 sonos.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/sonos-play1-white/1392020599.prd

The Black one is €151.99 White Version €199

Review:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/sonos-play1-1189345/review

No Alexa on this - it's on the Sonos One, not the Play:1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

No Alexa on this - it's on the Sonos One, not the Play:1

Now with the Amazon Alexa skill. Voice activation of music etc when you have Amazon Dot or Echo linked through Alexa skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Now with the Amazon Alexa skill. Voice activation of music etc when you have Amazon Dot or Echo linked through Alexa skill.

I use the Alexa skill with my play 3; works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The question and answer section suggests it does not support Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

It wants me to enter some high interest loan agreement before i get a chance to pay. Bloody hell!

Can you buy it direct with credit card? Am i missing something?

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »

Can you buy it direct with credit card? Am i missing something?

Yes, you can buy direct with credit card. €151.99 incl delivery.

Yes, you can buy direct with credit card. €151.99 incl delivery.

Can you do that without entering a credit agreement? I'm wary of agreeing to something like that.

The question and answer section suggests it does not support Alexa

Believe me it Does.

I would rate it better then the new Sonos One which comes with Alexa built in.

The Play 1(Names are confusing) links to a DOT or Echo via a skill in alexa app. Once connected your done. You speak to your dot and the Sonos play1 responds.

By using the Dot or Echo all skills are supported, because if the Sonos doesnt currently support it, you can use the dot/echo to do skill. You can put your speakers in the best position possible and put your dot close to where you actually speak commands. (No wired connection)

The sonos also supports more music services then Alexa. Also streams free music and Voice control works with free music. I current have my personal music uploaded to Google music, No subscription. I can set the music to play via app on phone or tablet and ask Alexa to Skip, Pause, Stop turn up/down etc. All with no subscription.
    https://www.pocket-lint.com/speakers/buyers-guides/sonos/142487-sonos-one-vs-sonos-play-1-what-s-the-difference

Can you do that without entering a credit agreement? I'm wary of agreeing to something like that.

Yes. Its just a shop that offers Credit AT VERY HIGH rates. But just take the Credit Card option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

mfq105E.jpg

The small link at the bottom of this section. Seems like if you go through the continue button you have to agree to the credit agreement, even if you're not using it this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Which.co.uk..rated the Sonos Play 1 (71%) and a Best Buy.

But the Sonos One only scores 51% as the sound quality is not as good and they found the initial set up to be challenging.

Believe me it Does.

It doesn't support alexa directly though. It works with Alexa but only if you buy another alexa device.

Bought 2. Thanks to Wheety and givecredit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

FYI - for anyone interested in the alternative supplier

Black Sonos Play 1

White Sonos Play 1

use the vodaFF18 code to get 10% off to give you €152.95.
    Code courtesy of other BA thread recently.

Hope this is useful for someone.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 24 scrachie

Just brought one use code for 10% off E136 and change happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I have two Bose soundtouch 10s and an Amazon echo Dot, do I need one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Richersounds @ 152 euro
    + delivery

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12463-white-311693.aspx

No. Your good already.

scrachie wrote: »
    Just brought one use code for 10% off E136 and change happy days

Sharing the 10% code would be helpful

My order shows as delivered and signed but not by me. Delivered in 'Oldham, PDO'. Possibly gone to another redistribution hub but it is worrying. I'll give them until monday.

I think i'll stick with Amazon in future.

Mine delivered to Oldham too. From reading the tracking info on Royal Mail site, my reading is It left Manchester on 10th. Went to Heathrow. Heathrow refused it because of insufficient postage paid. Returned it to Manchester. Manchester to Oldham, (Greater Manchester) where it was signed for as a returned item.

Latest tracking information
    15 February, 2018 06:42:00 Parcel delivered - with signature
    15 February, 2018 06:41:00 Loaded onto van Royal Mail
    15 February, 2018 05:28:00 Parcel collected Royal Mail
    15 February, 2018 02:46:00 In transit at Royal Mail
    14 February, 2018 08:42:00 In transit at Royal Mail
    13 February, 2018 13:24:00 In transit at Royal Mail
    13 February, 2018 12:49:00 Parcel collected Royal Mail
    11 February, 2018 14:54:00 Parcel collected Royal Mail
    10 February, 2018 14:30:44 Despatched from warehouse
    10 February, 2018 11:30:38 Order being processed at warehouse

• Advertisement

Mine delivered to Oldham too. From reading the tracking info on Royal Mail site, my reading is It left Manchester on 10th. Went to Heathrow. Heathrow refused it because of insufficient postage paid. Returned it to Manchester. Manchester to Oldham, (Greater Manchester) where it was signed for as a returned item.

Not very professional if they can't calculate the weight of an item they are selling.

If it isn't here by Monday i'll be worried. At this stage i'd just take my money back.

Latest tracking information
    15 February, 2018 06:42:00 Parcel delivered - with signature

Any update on yours? No idea where mine is.

I contacted chat support Friday evening. They insisting that I received speakers. I explained the tracking details. Their tracking department supposed to contact me today. Royal mail closed for weekend and they could do nothing until today. That's their story. I've heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Same thing has happened to me. Shocking service.

I'll give it until tomorrow. If there is no update i'll just call credit card company to reverse the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I'll give it until tomorrow. If there is no update i'll just call credit card company to reverse the charge.

Just spoke to them, they are refunding my card. Item was returned to them. Pain in the ass 10 days later.

I had to get back onto them again. Being refunded. Worst Online shopping experience ever.

Sorry for recommending this bargain in bargains alerts.

Hopefully some of you availed of Lau1247's bargain alert with the Expert 10% code.

Littlewoods account closed.

Well i'm getting a refund too. Lost out on the reduction with expert. I may just buy from Harvey normans today. Not giving littlewoods money ever again.

Well i'm getting a refund too. Lost out on the reduction with expert. I may just buy from Harvey normans today. Not giving littlewoods money ever again.

The White ones are €151.99 on richersounds. Free delivery.

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12463-white-311693.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have 2 Soundtouch 10s as well- love having a remote control and 6 presets for it. I also have an Echo Dot but still use the remote most often.

Might upgrade to the 20s if they're on offer at some stage.

My only gripe with it is that the sound quality for Today FM (other radio stations fine)is a bit flat- but that's not a Bose issue. Not sure if I can get a better sound for Today FM....

Advertisement