Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Gleesons/Careys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

pooch90 wrote: »
    Gleesons/Careys?

Not a fan of Gleesons. Haven't been in Careys in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Moynihans or Chawkes. Both will be hopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Beef wrote: »
    Moynihans or Chawkes. Both will be hopping.

Yeah, we usually go to Chawkes, just fancied a change.

Would Bakers have a big screen in the back does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Liam Daly's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Meathlass wrote: »
    Would Bakers have a big screen in the back does anyone know?

Coachman will have a big screen out the back. Usually a busy crowd and commentary is up to the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

See even the Park Hotel are doing drink deals for the match tomorrow along with a good few pubs in town....chrissies have a big screen upstairs also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Heard the Piper Inn is closing next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I was told today that Fine Wines have closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

DT100 wrote: »
    Heard that also,is it same as what happened to Iceland I wonder,rent going up after a certain period of time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

They were delivering wine to the Emerald Gardens at lunchtime today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Staff of fine wines were called in yesterday and told shop was closing. Apparently new owners of centre doubled the rent which was unsustainable despite good sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 birdyface

tippspur wrote: »
    Heard that also,is it same as what happened to Iceland I wonder,rent going up after a certain period of time?

Not sure about fine wines but Iceland hadn't paid ANY rent since opening so this forced NAMA to evict them so the new owners of the Showgrounds could take possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

Up Tipp. Come on boys wipe the cream off the cats whiskers

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Meathlass wrote: »
    Any reccommendations for pubs to watch the hurling tomorrow?

I'd usually go to Eldons for rugby but don't know would there be a crowd for GAA there.

We want to be able to hear the commentary as well. We were thinking Eldons, Mulcahys and then we kinda ran out of options!

Liam Dalys will be hopping, as will Gleesons and Careys, All good places to go. Im sure there won't be many quiet pubs in town today.

Well I was around the town last Sunday,and happened to go in to the IrishTown Inn at about 7/730..The gents toilet was disgusting,and when I tried to wash my hands,the sink was full of vomit,with some red running through it.I hope it wasn't what first came to my mind...and being red,I am sure you know what I thought...I wont be going in there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't open at all yesterday as I was passing..Maybe it has closed...which wouldn't surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

It wasn't open at all yesterday as I was passing..Maybe it has closed...which wouldn't surprise me.

It has.

I think they put up a status and all letting people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Closed indeed. Shame for the lads who leased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

The Posthouse is apparently closed for good now too. Three pubs in one week, the choices are getting less and less every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Just after reading a status on all things Clonmel on Facebook about a dog being attacked on the heywood road near Chrissies.

Apparently it was very serious and the dog nearly died, a young fella also had to jump onto a wall to get away from him too in a separate incident and from reading the comments the dog is still around.

Says guards have been notified but sher you're pissing against the wind there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Closed indeed. Shame for the lads who leased it.

Rumours that they had no alcohol licence and it got closed as a result

I am needing some car tyres...Anybody here know of any good deals around the Clonmel area...My recession is not over yet:D:D

I am needing some car tyres...Anybody here know of any good deals around the Clonmel area...My recession is not over yet:D:D

Geremiah in Cloneen. Not sure of his surname. It's on the left as you go from Fethard to Mullinahone.

Geremiah in Cloneen. Not sure of his surname. It's on the left as you go from Fethard to Mullinahone.

Thank you Maryanne84...I will check that out:)

Thank you Maryanne84...I will check that out:)

His surname is Kiely. When he did my tyres, I had to wait ages, but he's cheap and he washed the car too!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

His surname is Kiely. When he did my tyres, I had to wait ages, but he's cheap and he washed the car too!

Ya you could be the whole day out there, he is the cheapest around, you'd be nearly better to drop the car an leave it for the day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

052 6131117 is his number

True, you dont need to be in a hurry if you go out there. He's on his own and has a shop and petrol pumps also.

You wont beat him on price though and a nice guy too. I usually just buy the tyres and take them away but that dosent suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Off license at the showgrounds is closed. They were loading all stock into a truck. Met one of the lads at the door who worked there he was told Thursday it was closing.

Off license at the showgrounds is closed. They were loading all stock into a truck. Met one of the lads at the door who worked there he was told Thursday it was closing.
    Staff of fine wines were called in yesterday and told shop was closing. Apparently new owners of centre doubled the rent which was unsustainable despite good sales.

That from a few pages back:)

• Advertisement

dieselbug wrote: »
    052 6131117 is his number

True, you dont need to be in a hurry if you go out there. He's on his own and has a shop and petrol pumps also.

You wont beat him on price though and a nice guy too. I usually just buy the tyres and take them away but that dosent suit everyone.

Thanks for the number...I will give him a call anyway

Advertisement