Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got loads of New Look vouchers for my birthday, so I went on a splurge today. I ended up with these:

185027040.tif&width=600&height=500&clipcolor=FFFFFF

189595501.tif&width=600&height=500&clipcolor=FFFFFF

189282402.tif&width=600&height=500&clipcolor=FFFFFF

187073729.tif&width=600&height=500&clipcolor=FFFFFF

As well as a lovely purple Mela Loves London dress that I can't find a picture of!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Faith wrote: »
    187073729.tif&width=600&height=500&clipcolor=FFFFFF

OOh I got that in the grey colour last week and love it so much!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I toyed with getting the grey one, but eventually settled on brown :). The grey one is lovely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

Just purchased a vintage 1950's wiggle dress:

il_430xN121467140.jpg

il_430xN121467245.jpg

I'm a vintage addict, I know! :D

You know that "vintage" just means "old", right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

peepeep wrote: »
    And?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tenenbaum

phasers wrote: »
    And?
    actually "vintage" is a generic term for new or second hand garments originating from a previous era. The phrase is also used in connection with a retail outlet, e.g. "vintage clothing store." It can also be used as an adjective: "This dress is vintage."
    so it doesn't really just mean old, it can be new but from a different era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tenenbaum

tenenbaum wrote: »
    actually "vintage" is a generic term for new or second hand garments originating from a previous era. The phrase is also used in connection with a retail outlet, e.g. "vintage clothing store." It can also be used as an adjective: "This dress is vintage."
    so it doesn't really just mean old, it can be new but from a different era.
    very nice vintage wiggle dress by the way marilyn monroe wears a similar one in the movie bus stop, although hers in the movie is green!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pump_trainers_shoot4_ss09_005.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

peepeep wrote: »

Oh, I'm quite aware of what vintage means. I buy both vintage and thrift quite frequently. Just because clothes are second hand or old doesn't mean that they aren't in good condition and/or can't look fabulous. In fact, the most complimented item in my wardrobe is a dress I bought for 2 euros at a second hand store. Now, obviously you have to put more work in to find something that's in good condition and fits well. But the payoff is wonderful when you do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nomdeguerre

Faith wrote: »

185027040.tif&width=600&height=500&clipcolor=FFFFFF

Very nice.

<Asics trainers>

Cool shoes. Don't think I've seen those before, where'd you get em?

Cool shoes. Don't think I've seen those before, where'd you get em?

they are onitsuka tigers Mexico '66's. Got them in office I've been wearing various types of them for the past 5 years but they are extremely common nowadays. Especialy the style that has Velcro straps seriously any grown man wearing footwear with Velcro needs a slap with a slippery trout.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

they are onitsuka tigers Mexico '66's. Got them in office I've been wearing various types of them for the past 5 years but they are extremely common nowadays. Especialy the style that has Velcro straps seriously any grown man wearing footwear with Velcro needs a slap with a slippery trout.

I actually think these look better with velcro. Most guys with laces in them pull the laces really tight and it looks stupid imo! Ive got a class yellow pair with velcro. The Kill Bill pair!

strange that i didn't mention that there is one exception to the rule and that is for the yellow/black kill bill pair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

I Just bought these :)

newshoes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

New gym bag:
    pADIDAS1-5500409_pattern_t132.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Will be heading to America in two weeks so used it as an excuse to replenish my 'summer' wardrobe. :) Will of course be adding lots of extra layers once I get back. :P

lc437.jpgld151.jpgla017.jpgriver+island.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got this which I love love love.

I got these dresses too.

k1528_beige_alexa_lace__30208.jpg

y405_grey_celita_rose__09928.jpg

pf070_black_carmine__57690.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

Janeybabe do you mind me asking where you purchased the dress in the second picture......the grey and pink one? Its fab :D

No problem.

I got it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I really love the white lace one. It's gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

janeybabe wrote: »
    No problem.

I got it here.

There are so many beautiful things on there.. oh the trouble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Janeybabe, whats the quality of the stuff from there like?

Janeybabe, whats the quality of the stuff from there like?

Excellent. I have countless dresses from the site and they are all perfect after lots of wear/washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Janeybabe I would love to see your wardrobe!! You must have tonnes of clothes at this stage, and all lovely! What do you do when you get bored of something, are you a hoarder, or a giver to friends and/or charity?

No purchases for me lately, I'm poor:( HOw do the sizes work on Uttam? I'm normally a ten on top but top heavy.. normally those triangley boob tops cover nothing:(

Janeybabe I would love to see your wardrobe!! You must have tonnes of clothes at this stage, and all lovely! What do you do when you get bored of something, are you a hoarder, or a giver to friends and/or charity?

No purchases for me lately, I'm poor:( HOw do the sizes work on Uttam? I'm normally a ten on top but top heavy.. normally those triangley boob tops cover nothing:(

I wish I had tonnes of clothes. I seem to buy loads but I never seem to have anything to wear. :D I don't really get bored of clothes. Sometimes I go through phases of not wearing something but I usually go back to them. I got a dress in AWear over 4 years ago that I wore to work last week for the first time in 2 years and I got loads of compliments so it was worth keeping. Sometimes I give stuff to my sister.

A lot of the Uttam clothes have a bit of stretch in them. I usually buy small. I'm a size 8 and am neither top heavy nor top light(?). I think there has to be some trial and error involved. It's a pain to have to return something but it might be worth it once to see how the sizes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Just ordered two dresses...

AZZ88535IVORY_MODELSHOT_LARGE.jpgAZZ88375PINK_MODELSHOT_LARGE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Hiya Janeybabe where'd you get the dress in third pic?

Same site. www.uttamdirect.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

OMG JB I love you!!! :D That site is amazing! And I just got given a master card voucher from my boyf for my birthday happy days :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement