Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer ink stains

Options
  • 13-11-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

HELP!!! Does anyone know how to remove printer ink spill stains from a carpet? Kevkevkel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,135 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its one of those 'replace the carpet' moments most likely.

You could try an oxygen type cleaner (like Oxyaction) - not offering any guarantees, I doubt you will get it out. Probably best bet would be to ring a carpet cleaning firm and ask them if they can get specific stains like that out. If you are going to go that route, do not try to get it out yourself first, leave it to them.

Edit - I was going to suggest vacuuming up any excess, but then I realised the damage this could do to the vacuum cleaner and the amount of recycled dye might be spread around the house, so don't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You could try pouring red wine on it and nobody would know there was ever printer ink there :).

Seriously though, what kind of printer ink? If it's dye based, a carpet shampoo may help but if it's pigment, not so much.

Advertisement