Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Air 2 - Care Refresh Warranty worth it?

Options
  • 26-10-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on picking up a DJI Mavic Air 2 soon, just going to wait and see if a deal comes up for Black Friday, but I see there's an option to buy a Care Refresh warranty which covers up to 2 replacements in 12 months.

Is this worth it?

I take care of my stuff, but I'm aware that once the drone is in the air, and in particular if it's a few km away from me I won't be able to protect it from bird strike or something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

..I'd say its a must :)
    On the top of it, I've got my MA2 insured with Coverdrone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

..I'd say its a must :)
    On the top of it, I've got my MA2 insured with Coverdrone

Have you had to use it?

Got an example of what happened to your drone?

I normally never insure anything I own (apart from my house and car obviously) as I always take care of my stuff, but I'm aware that once it's in the air all sorts of crazy stuff can happen to it out of my control :D

mrcheez wrote: »
    Have you had to use it?

Got an example of what happened to your drone?

I normally never insure anything I own (apart from my house and car obviously) as I always take care of my stuff, but I'm aware that once it's in the air all sorts of crazy stuff can happen to it out of my control :D

well, I always care about my stuff as well but anything can happen when drone is in the air, while flying over cliffs a few months back got close encounter with seagull, thankfully nothing bad happened :) On other occasion flying across Spanish Point wind drastically changed direction and being almost 2km away over the ocean, battery meter showed 4% remaining at home point.
    In both cases DJI Care Refresh wouldnt help as DJI require drone to be recovered and thats why got an additional drone insurance as they require flight log only.
    If you're flying over solid ground only, Care Refresh will suffice ...
    ...and so far didnt have to use it :)
    Anyways, 90quid to cover drone worth over 1k seem to be not too much :) insurance with Coverdrone is approx 120e

Grand.. it's only around €55 extra to the combo when buying on Amazon so worth it, especially as it will be my first year using it so I'm sure I'll do some dangerous stuff ;)

mrcheez wrote: »
    Grand.. it's only around €55 extra to the combo when buying on Amazon so worth it, especially as it will be my first year using it so I'm sure I'll do some dangerous stuff ;)

not sure that bought on Amazon will cover Ireland mate so better get on with DJI to confirm

• Advertisement

not sure that bought on Amazon will cover Ireland mate so better get on with DJI to confirm

I did that yesterday and it's all good :)

Advertisement