Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with GP

Options
  • 30-07-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Around January 2020 I got diagnosed with a testicular cyst. The ultrasound that discovered the cyst was oredered by a temporary doctor at my local GP (I'm on a medical card). The temp doctor looked at the ultrasound and said that it wasn't bad but to keep an eye on it.

Now around 1 week ago (23/07/2020) the cyst seems to have grown considerably and its painful at times so I went to the local GP again. This time the sitting practioner, the main guy seen me and checked it out and said that it hasn't grown and he thinks its possibly gone altogether. When I requested if I could have an ultrasound done he dismissed me saying I dont really need one.

Here's the problem though, the first doctor who examined me (the temporary one) also couldnt find a cyst by himself so hence why he ordered an ultrasound and the cyst was infact there.

And now the sitting practioner (the main guy) has the same problem because he can't find the cyst so he thinks its gone and refuses to get an ultrasound.

What can I do in this situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

Go to a different GP and get a second opinion if you’re concerned. There’s at least one practice in Sligo advertising their men’s health clinic. (Depending on which part of Leitrim you’re in that may or may not be convenient)

If you’re very concerned, just insist on a referral to a urologist. It’s not something to mess around about and often you know your own body best.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP, I understand your concerns but please stop spamming the regional forums with this same post. It is not a regional issue. Please note that we do not allow people to seek medical advice on these forums. The advice given in the post above is as much as I will allow so I’m going to close this thread now and the one in the Sligo forum also.

Thanks,
    CB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement