Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic car import

Options
  • 17-11-2020 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi, can someone tell me what I need to get from seller, bought a classic car in NI. what does the seller fill out on the V5C and what do I get?

I can't find clarity anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

well found, make sure you get hold of the V5C or you're stuffed. The seller can send off the export bit if he wants, makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭countyhouse

Yes, you must get the V5. If from Northern Ireland and you buy privately, you should get receipt from seller stating Reg no, date they paid you and price. Car must be registered within 30 days of entry in the State. Appointment must be made with the NCTS within 7 day of entry. If you buy from a dealer, you will need paid invoice from them with the same details. Make sure chassis/vin on car matches the Reg doc as inspector will check both
    guy

Advertisement