Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Canada not giving Refund

Options
  • 24-03-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I booked flights with Air Canada. Flights are cancelled, but all they are offering is a credit for use in the next 24 months. Is this allowed? I would have thought they would have to offer a full refund? I thought this would be covered under EU Law?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

I thought this would be covered under EU Law?
    It is!
    Go old EU has 261 which means you get a full refund.

The cheek of Air Canada with their 24 month credit.
    Aer Lingus offered five year +10% extra credit for flights they haven't even cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Delta cancelled my flight this morning with the same craic, except only 12 months to use their poxy credit!

I then rang the Customer number on the Delta page... and was told after a 15 min wait that they couldn't help because they were an AirFrance representative. So I submitted a complaint via the Delta website and got a response saying they received my complaint... from AirFrance! :rolleyes:

So we'll wait and see, but I'm ready to hammer them via the Civil Aviation Regulator, and I'll be pursuing for compensation via 261 just to be spiteful, because they started it

Advertisement