Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog ate raw sausages

Options
  • 23-03-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My dog an 8 month old cocker just stole and ate 6 raw sausages. They weren’t spoilt or anything, can dogs usually handle this? Anyone know what if anything I can expect? Vet just closed half an hour ago.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

SuziXX wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My dog an 8 month old cocker just stole and ate 6 raw sausages. They weren’t spoilt or anything, can dogs usually handle this? Anyone know what if anything I can expect? Vet just closed half an hour ago.
    Thanks in advance

Your dog will be fine .many owners feed the dogs a raw diet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hi all,
    Anyone know what if anything I can expect?
    Thanks in advance

Some sage an onion smelling sloppy poos :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Happened our dog - from the worktop resulting in a change of dinner plans.

No side effects other than needing to evacuate the room they were in later. Things got a little windy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Be like Beyoncé and let him "work it out".

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

Lol! Phew! Ok thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Hi all,
    Thanks in advance

Shouldnt do a thing to em, it's only meat dogs are Hardy enough , my dog once ate two socks :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

The dog had a feast! :D Happy in his nappy. Maybe you should put on a nappy actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Hi all,
    Thanks in advance

We used to give raw sausages to our old dog and she lived till she was 16. Although my dad used to give her a twix thinking he was treating her when chocolate is actually poison to a dog. Phoebe had a great constitution all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Is this real? How could anyone not know dogs eat meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

expect high attention alert next time you try to cook sausages - and maybe jumping up and more thievery!! How lucky did she get - the whole pack!!! I fancy one myself now!! Don’t let her lick your lips - God knows what they are made from!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Hi all,
    Thanks in advance

Some would say the dog is spoilt not the sausages!
    But seriously it's fine to give a dog raw meat. I used to give my dog raw chicken necks as a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Hi all,
    Thanks in advance

Should be alright but if he he stole and ate a 7th raw sausage his life would be in imminent danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

Haha yes she’s fine!! Nothing happened, just the cherry on top of the best two weeks of her life!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

Haha yes she’s fine!! Nothing happened, just the cherry on top of the best two weeks of her life!

Guilty head on her after eating your dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭65535

Back in the day (Long Before 'Best Before Dates' ) the safe way of testing sausages/meat/pork was to test it out on the dog !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

65535 wrote: »
    Back in the day (Long Before 'Best Before Dates' ) the safe way of testing sausages/meat/pork was to test it out on the dog !

Cats are better for this, very fussy what they eat, dogs can, and will eat anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

Cats are better for this, very fussy what they eat, dogs can, and will eat anything

Our cat can be fussy, loves McDonalds chips though for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Demonique wrote: »

Because they're much nicer than Burger King chips.

Demonique wrote: »

My cat once ate a bag of cheese and onion tayto.
    She licked them until they were soft then gobbled them down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

And none of our cats has ever rolled in fox poop (WTF do foxes eat to produce that?).

• Advertisement
Advertisement