Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc cruise refund

Options
  • 24-03-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

I booked a cruise in January as a retirement present. It is a fly cruise (aer lingus) Dublin to Venice for the 27th June 2020.

At the time I paid a €600.00 deposit to the travel agent. I signed something but I cant remember what it was. I presume some sort of contract.

I know theres no way the cruise will go ahead now, and I wouldnt risk it due to underlining health problems.

I have heard that MSC are only giving "cruise credit" and not refunds.

I dont want to defer it I want to cancel it.

On the msc website it says under "cancellation by the passenger"" it says if you give more than 63 days notice you are entitled to a full refund.

Anyone have any advice or experience to where I stand now regards the deposit?

I do have premium travel insurance.

Surely if they are not providing a service I should be entitled to a full refund?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

MSC have not cancelled any trips for June so technically it's still going ahead.

> Anyone have any advice or experience to where I stand now regards the deposit?

That may very well depend on the paperwork that you signed. Hopefully someone will be able to help but this could be a case specific to you and the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 An Old Grey Mare

Thanks for the reply.

Even if it wasnt cancelled am I still not entitled to cancel according to their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Thanks for the reply.

Even if it wasnt cancelled am I still not entitled to cancel according to their policy.

My interpretation of the T&Cs is that you are entitled to cancel but will lose your deposit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Can you not just wait and see what happens? Either they cancel and you get the 'cruise credit' or they don't and it goes ahead (though that seems unlikely). If they aren't travelling in June then no one else will be so a cash refund couldn't be used for a holiday elsewhere.

Advertisement