Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any experienced reptile owners on Boards?

Options
  • 06-11-2019 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I've got an enclosure that is 5.5ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft.

I'm looking to buy a 'large' lizard of sorts.
    I'm currently looking at smaller species of Monitor lizards and Tegus.. plus some other assorted reps.

I know what I'm getting into, it's a different ball park to say a gecko or beardie.

I'm staying away from anything wild caught or farm raised..

I've seen a couple of Golden Tegus, I'm not sure if the enclosure would be a suitable size.

Any advice/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

What about a bosc monitor. Where in Ireland are u based. Pm me if u wanna chat. Kept and bred various species of snakes and lizards for a number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Green iguanas can make good pets, however they can also be horrid feckers

One of ours was a sweetheart, the other guy was a sweetheart but then he hit adulthood and became territorial, used to bite my father's shoes and runners and a few times he bit my tracksuit bottoms, one time he jumped up and bit me on the bum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I think your enclosure is to small for a tegu or bosc. Definitely to small for an iguana.
    Have a look at ackies. You could keep 1 male or 2 females in that size enclosure

Advertisement