Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Solicitor in Waterford City

Options
  • 23-04-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been suspended from my job and am facing what I consider an unfair dismissal. I'd like to speak with an employment solicitor urgently, especially one who has dealt with unfair dismissal cases. Could any of you give me some recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Sean Ormonde - The Atrium, Maritana Gate, Canada Street, Waterford
    (051) 841 641

http://www.employment-matters.ie/meet-the-team/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Sean Ormonde - The Atrium, Maritana Gate, Canada Street, Waterford
    (051) 841 641

http://www.employment-matters.ie/meet-the-team/

Hi Jimbojazz, have you actually used Sean's services? If so, could you PM me about your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Myself and a colleague had a meeting with Sean Ormonde during our redundancy process. The company we worked for were paying for the visit. He just advised us of the implications on the terms of the redundancy. He was pleasant and very thorough. Sorry I can't be of any further help.

Thank you Jimbojazz and minibear for the recommendation. I have a consultation with Sean Ormonde next Monday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Just a note on this, if any people are having difficulties in work make sure you join a union, the union will offer you advice and if ever there is a solicitor needed they will pay for it, 2 birds one stone.

• Advertisement

Wanted to let you guys know that I had my meeting with Sean today, and I couldn't recommend him highly enough. Great guy, really really friendly and helpful.

On another note, I agree with spankmemunkey. Unfortunately nobody in my office (except me) wanted to join a union, and here we now are with me having to go to a solicitor and the others in fear that they could be next any minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Wanted to let you guys know that I had my meeting with Sean today, and I couldn't recommend him highly enough. Great guy, really really friendly and helpful.

On another note, I agree with spankmemunkey. Unfortunately nobody in my office (except me) wanted to join a union, and here we now are with me having to go to a solicitor and the others in fear that they could be next any minute.

Ye don't need to worry about anybody else to join a union, even if a company doesn't recognise a union they cant do anything against you, and they cant stop you from joining or punish you for it.

Ye don't need to worry about anybody else to join a union, even if a company doesn't recognise a union they cant do anything against you, and they cant stop you from joining or punish you for it.

Yeah, I should have gone ahead and just joined on my own. Little late now. But will definitely be doing so in whatever my next job is.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

People don't have to join a union or even use a solicitor for labour law disputes, if you can afford to or you want too do, but NERA wil represent you for free. The National Employment Rights Authority (NERA) deal with employment rights cases on a daily bases, they will talk you through everything you need to now.

NERA will also represent you in any case that you may need to take, best of all the service is FREE.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

thank you spankmemunkey for posting your opinion and advice on unions. id also highly recommend and advise workers to join unions and ignore employers policies on the matter. you can always discreetly join them if you think it will cause a conflict with your employer. interesting post hissing, thank you also

• Advertisement

People don't have to join a union or even use a solicitor for labour law disputes, if you can afford to or you want too do, but NERA wil represent you for free. The National Employment Rights Authority (NERA) deal with employment rights cases on a daily bases, they will talk you through everything you need to now.

NERA will also represent you in any case that you may need to take, best of all the service is FREE.

Hi Hissing, have you gone through NERA yourself? Thanks for pointing them out to me, I'll look more into it.

Advertisement