Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-using Aptamil starter packs

Options
  • 17-06-2020 3:04pm

Our newborn feeds much better from the ready made aptamil bottles with the sterilised teat that you screw on, and those screw on teats are also great for breast feeding.

Although they are clearly marked as single use, is there any reason I couldn't sterilise these in the microwave steriliser and re-use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Our newborn feeds much better from the ready made aptamil bottles with the sterilised teat that you screw on, and those screw on teats are also great for breast feeding.

Although they are clearly marked as single use, is there any reason I couldn't sterilise these in the microwave steriliser and re-use?

What kind of plastic are the bottles made from? Might not be microwave safe.

More interested in sterilizing the teats. Not sure what plastic it is but they contain latex, and packaging does note that they are single use.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

My fella had latex teats and we sterilised them no bother (not the same brand but they do sterilise fine).
    Probably a money spinner so you'll keep buying more. Sure you'll know as soon as you sterilise it what condition it's in after!

The condition is fine, am a bit more worried about degradation of the plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Like yourself I’d be cautious as they aren’t designed for reuse but when I had my first Nuk did a similar teat in the same type of plastic, could you try those?

• Advertisement

Definitely wouldn't reuse if they are single use. No testing there to support safety.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You can buy those teats on Amazon, look for disposable teats.

Advertisement