Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent runners for work commute

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Hi

I honestly find Nike kinda flat and crap. 2 brands I've never had bother with, and last long are Asics and New balance. I buy them on m&m direct usually good offers on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Personally I don't rate Tanjuns at all - I bought a pair after hearing a lot on them online and bought them during a Black Friday sale, but they're my least favourite pair of Nikes I own (and I own a fair few). I just find them a bit clunky and not a patch on the likes of the Free RNs or similar.

Also, have you looked at Nike.com? They regularly have sales and do free shipping and returns if you sign up to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks for the replies - will keep an eye out on the Nike website!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Asics wear out on the toes too quickly.

I stick to Nike these days for cushioning and comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think it really depends what you need them for. I love saucony for running but for walking the same distance (about 5 km) just about any runners work for me. I swap between 5 different brands and types and notice very little difference.

I would check websites of the brands you like and buy something you like. I do online shopping and while I buy everything from coffee to gadgets on Amazon I don't think they are that great for clothes and shoe shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

PCros wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies - will keep an eye out on the Nike website!

Their older kids range go up to size 6. I ordered these a couple of weeks ago and they arrived this week. Very comfortable!

I have small feet but they are very broad, I got these in size 3 and they fit great and such good value.

https://www.nike.com/ie/t/downshifter-9-older-running-shoe-wwsPtj

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I find hiking shoes the best for long walks on any terrain, although you might look like a German tourist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

If you're buying Nike make sure they have a React sole, by far their most comfortable. If its for working out/running you'd probably want the Zoom soles but React would work too.

As for Adidas you cant go wrong with UltraBoost.

Also don't pay full price, they always go on sale on both Nike and Adidas sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Corona20

I would look at under armour.
    By far the most comfortable I have worn.

Advertisement