Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will happen to the Spring/Summer stock thats sitting in shops right now?

Options
  • 01-05-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Open to correction but we probably wont see the inside of the likes of Penneys until...August? (Especially shops within shopping centres). Surely these shops would have taken delivery of summer gear before they knew they would be closed for most of the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would say they will sell it all next year at a reduced price or maybe whenever they reopen. That is of course if it is still all sellable. Some of it might be gone moldy if it is out hanging up. I noticed that one of the boutiques in my town even do her shop is not open the woman that owns it goes in and changes the window display every week. She is probably making sure all the other clothes she has in the shop are good too and maybe even selling some online.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Open to correction but we probably wont see the inside of the likes of Penneys until...August? (Especially shops within shopping centres). Surely these shops would have taken delivery of summer gear before they knew they would be closed for most of the season.

The fact that they do not use any online merchandising platforms is obviously going to do them a lot of harm. But then again it hasn’t saved the likes of Warehouse or Oasis either. Penney’s are a fast fashion outlet, their stock tends to reflect latest trends so whether it would be viable to try and sell it on next year is anyone’s guess. Given the quality of some of the items on sale not sure how long they would last if left hanging out on the shop floor for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Yeah Penneys is an interesting case, they're just not set up to go online, their model doesnt suit it, they're all about the instore experience.

Other retailers seem to be ticking over, the likes of Zara and H&M are selling out of items and bringing new stock online. I've personally bought more from H&M in the last few months online than I ever have in store!

I imagine they may not have had so much stock coming becuase their supply chains would have been impacted when China shut down a few months before Europe, so maybe that will help them balance out.

I've not been financially impacted (yet) so I've still been buying some stuff online - are others still shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

SozBbz wrote: »

I've not been financially impacted (yet) so I've still been buying some stuff online - are others still shopping?

Yes I still buy clothes online but only if they are on sale.
    Have not really seen much I like in H&M but must have a look at there online site.
    Am on the look out for a nice black long sleeved bodysuite now at a reasonable price. I have one but its worn a bit.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've a good few bodysuits from boohoo, usually lots of styles to choose from.

• Advertisement
Advertisement