Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

paudy1000 wrote: »
    I have 3 spots available for family account if anyone is interested, have both paypal and revlout.

Can I take one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

I have 3 spots available for family account if anyone is interested, have both paypal and revlout.

I will take one and can pay by either method. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I'll take one too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Just took out my subscription. Can't wait for launch

Your subscription works in any country that has Disney plus, including countries where its already launched.

Need I say more, without breaking rules here.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

looking for a family spot if any available, have paypal/revolut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Looking for a family spot also if available for one device. Revolut/PayPal available 😊ðŸ‘ðŸ½

• Registered Users Posts: 37 horseireland

I'll take a family spot if anyone has a spare thanks. PayPal or R thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Interested in a fam spot too... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

givecredit wrote: »
    Your subscription works in any country that has Disney plus, including countries where its already launched.

Need I say more, without breaking rules here.

Understood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I'd be interested too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 maggots_123

I’d be interested in a family spot too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Are people seriously trying to skimp on a service that costs €1 a week???

OU812 wrote: »
    Are people seriously trying to skimp on a service that costs €1 a week???

Its only gonna cost me 29 cent a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Looking for a family spot if one comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I have 3 spots available for a family account if anyone is interested, have both Paypal and revolt.

Can't believe we don't have a separate thread for this peasant activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

paska wrote: »

I am part of family groups for a few different things. Added together they save me approx €60 a month.

Us peasants down here are laughing at you up on your high horse while we get the exact same service as you, but for a fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Family groups are ok if you have use on unlimited devices

Disney + you are limited to streaming same time on 4 devices

You would need to have strict max 4 people in a family group and each person in group agree never to use more than 1 device

If someone in group decided to use more than 1 device this will cause a group member not able to stream on their device at some stage if 2 others was also streaming same time

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I am part of family groups for a few different things. Added together they save me approx €60 a month.

Us peasants down here are laughing at you up on your high horse while we get the exact same service as you, but for a fraction of the cost.

Hopefully these companies start to catch on, can’t be that hard to do it.
    This one sounds like it’s not going to be as easily robbed as Spotify and some of the others.

This one sounds like it’s not going to be as easily robbed as Spotify and some of the others.

Disney have the technology to stop sharing of username and password and are monitoring its use

At the moment they not decided yet to block but may do so if they feel its been abused to much

They have blocked some vpn use but that's a different factor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Why though?

It's not really breaking the spirit of the offer, they're offering a package where 4 screens can be viewed simultaneously for a fixed fee.

I personally don't see it as an issue if you're simply using the offer with other people, just because they're not blood relatives doesn't make it unethical imo.

Probably not a widely shared view within the bargain alerts forum either I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

McMurphy wrote: »
    Why though?

It's not really breaking the spirit of the offer, they're offering a package where 4 screens can be viewed simultaneously for a fixed fee.

I personally don't see it as an issue if you're simply using the offer with other people, just because they're not blood relatives doesn't make it unethical imo.

Probably not a widely shared view within the bargain alerts forum either I would imagine.

:rolleyes:

family
    /ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/

noun: family; plural noun: families
    1. a group consisting of two parents and their children living together as a unit.
    2. all the descendants of a common ancestor.

family
    /ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/

1. a group consisting of two parents and their children living together as a unit.

Are we not all descendants of a common ancestor?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »

60 quid I can understand. How much would this service alone save by doing a family. Less than a euro a week is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

family
    /ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/

Do they advertise it as a family package ? Spotify do, bit this doesn’t seem like the same setup.

They are profiles not individual accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

family
    /ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/

Ah jaysis the next time one of the kids has one of their pals over and tags along to the cinema with us. I better stop getting the family deal on the tickets, ditto popcorn and coke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

family
    /ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/

I'm Brian Of Nazareth, and so's my wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Registering for my account now aren't one else get service unavailable?

Registering for my account now aren't one else get service unavailable?

After you register and provide payment details
    If you login yes will get that message service unavailable

Access to Disney + content will be available from March 24th when you log in not before this date

Make sure you not using a VPN that is connected to a country based outside UK/Ireland when trying to register
    Turn off VPN when using website to register
    The disney website to pre order Disney + at reduced price is for those based in UK/ Republic of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

paska wrote: »

Can't believe the mods don't block it to be honest. Streaming links, vpn and geo-blocking workarounds etc all banned on boards. This is just as "illegal". Well, not illegal but against terms and conditions etc which boards doesnt like facilitating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Can't believe the mods don't set up a holier than thou forum

Advertisement