Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Bankline - Old fashioned

Options
  • 04-10-2019 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend an online business banking system that isn't as dated as Ulster Banks Bankline system?

I have been using Bankline for about 6 years now and the interface has for the most part stayed the same since I began, like something from the 90's. It's also fairly cumbersome and not user friendly. I'm confused how other businesses even consider it as an option when starting out.

Ulster Bank update their Anytime Internet banking system for personal users quite frequently, but seem to completely ignore the business accounts.

Other gripes...

- No eStatements available, just paper.
    - Desktop version only available (website not responsive and no mobile app).
    - Every payment needs a card reader, even if you have paid that person before and even if it's only a small amount.

Do AIB or BOI fare any better?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

karenalot wrote: »
    I have been using Bankline for about 6 years now and the interface has for the most part stayed the same since I began, like something from the 90's. It's also fairly cumbersome and not user friendly. I'm confused how other businesses even consider it as an option when starting out.

It has one very big advantage, at this point it has been well tested and stabilised and that is not something to be taken lightly. Speaking as someone who has written a lot of banking software over the years, I would always go for the system that has been around a while as you are less likely to have problems with it and where there are problems there are also known workarounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

You can also add a business account to Anytime Banking, and access it from both Bankline and AB depending on what you want to do (and access it from the AB app).

Bankline is the cumbersome and dated, but it is light-years ahead of BoI's business banking, and hasn't caused me any problems to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

Jim2007 wrote: »
    It has one very big advantage, at this point it has been well tested and stabilised and that is not something to be taken lightly. Speaking as someone who has written a lot of banking software over the years, I would always go for the system that has been around a while as you are less likely to have problems with it and where there are problems there are also known workarounds.

Thanks, I also write software too but workarounds are not what people want nowadays. User interface is a top priority for most customers and ease of use.

I need something that’s simple to use for my business and Ulster Bank lacks this.

Perhaps I’m too involved with how software is designed and as you said should be happy it’s robust.

Advertisement