Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat bringing clothes home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

bubblypop wrote: »
    Still not actually addressing the issue. Stop letting your pet roam then it wouldn't be taking things belonging to other people.
    It's a very irresponsible attitude pretending to be concerned.

Completely agree, 'pets' should not be allowed to roam free to s*** wherever, and do whatever they like along with taking other peoples belongings.

It is complete lack of respect for others property never mind irresponsibility for the safety of the cat itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You can live with a cat, but you don't control it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I disagree.
    It’s in a cats nature to wander.
    Plus they’re usually very discreet sh!tters (unlike dogs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Addle wrote: »
    I disagree.
    It’s in a cats nature to wander.
    Plus they’re usually very discreet sh!tters (unlike dogs).

I agree.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You can live with a cat, but you don't control it.

If you feed it then in the eyes of the law you own it and are therefore responsible for it.

People shouldn't have pets that can't be controlled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I feel the same about people controlling their children.

Absolutely, but we're talking animals vs humans here. Bit of a difference.

Yep, I bet that if OPs child was coming home with stuff owned by someone else, he wouldn't be long putting a stop to it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks,
    Remember the forum charter to be respectful towards one another. By all means argue your points, but please do so nicely without getting personal.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

[QUOTE=Michelle Raspy Mitten;110771401]If you feed it then in the eyes of the law you own it and are therefore responsible for it.

People shouldn't have pets that can't be controlled.[/QUOTE]

Please could you quote the exact law , ie from the Irish statute book? Thank you

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please could you quote the exact law , ie from the Irish statute book? Thank you

Animal Health and Welfare Act covers the legal duties of care, its defined as “any creatures in the possession or under the control of a human being”

This applies whether permanently or on a temporary basis........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I've been following this for a while but I thought this is the best time to give my perspective.
    For starters congrats OP for trying to return the clothes.
    Second, I love pets but I travel too much to have a dog or even a cat. So I have been "adopted" by a roamer :)
    This lovely cat has been coming to my house for over a year now, I have no idea who she belongs to but she comes in for breakfast and dinner every day.
    She hangs out with me most days in the evening and I get the satisfaction of having a feline companion without the responsibility of owing her. I love it. I hope her owner never stops her from coming out.
    I buy her cat food and feed here every day.
    Once i did put a note on her collar to let her owner know I feed her (so she doesn't turn into a small barrel with legs :)) but never got a reply (I put down my house number in case her owner ever needed to get in touch) .
    When I was growing up we had a cat that liked nothing better than to spend days on end on the lap of our neighbours 90 year old alzheimers afflicted mam. He provided much joy to the lady in question.
    For me pets bring joy and cats, in particular have many quirks that I absolutely love.

Animal Health and Welfare Act covers the legal duties of care, its defined as “any creatures in the possession or under the control of a human being”

This applies whether permanently or on a temporary basis........

Not quite what I asked? Where is it stated that cats are not allowed outside, please?

Thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

The Act is here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2013/act/15/section/2/enacted/en/html#sec2

I'm not sure that simply feeding something can be interpreted to mean that you possess or control it temporarily, unless the courts have interpreted it that way?

The part I think Fringegirl is referring to is here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2013/act/15/section/11/enacted/en/html#sec11

I've been following this for a while but I thought this is the best time to give my perspective.
    For starters congrats OP for trying to return the clothes.
    Second, I love pets but I travel too much to have a dog or even a cat. So I have been "adopted" by a roamer :)
    This lovely cat has been coming to my house for over a year now, I have no idea who she belongs to but she comes in for breakfast and dinner every day.
    She hangs out with me most days in the evening and I get the satisfaction of having a feline companion without the responsibility of owing her. I love it. I hope her owner never stops her from coming out.
    I buy her cat food and feed here every day.
    Once i did put a note on her collar to let her owner know I feed her (so she doesn't turn into a small barrel with legs :)) but never got a reply (I put down my house number in case her owner ever needed to get in touch) .
    When I was growing up we had a cat that liked nothing better than to spend days on end on the lap of our neighbours 90 year old alzheimers afflicted mam. He provided much joy to the lady in question.
    For me pets bring joy and cats, in particular have many quirks that I absolutely love.

Thank you for reviving a lovely memory for me.

when i worked in OT at an old folks home, I used to take one especially of my cats in. He was Siamese, and blind. And utterly devoted to me,

The ladies would all be there, calling his name, their faces rapt. no dice! Then as soon as I whispered his name he would race to me,

When I had kittens in the house I took the litter along and oh my ! Old faces happily smiling

Happy days!

My cats here in my current state of all but housebound are a constant joy, years ago I had a GP who said he was going to suggest to his older and housebound patients to get a cat as it was so beneficial

Not quite what I asked? Where is it stated that cats are not allowed outside, please?

Thank you

I never said that it did, I said that they are legally responsible for the animal.

People shouldn't need a law to have a bit of respect for neighbours and to be a responsible animal owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I never said that it did, I said that they are legally responsible for the animal.

People shouldn't need a law to have a bit of respect for neighbours and to be a responsible animal owner.

Jasonb has put up leaflets in his local shop and bought a GPS tracker for the cat so he can find the clothing owners. That seems pretty responsible to me!

Jasonb has put up leaflets in his local shop and bought a GPS tracker for the cat so he can find the clothing owners. That seems pretty responsible to me!

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Is the Ops cat microchipped since it doesn't have a name tag/number on its collar?

Ah OK; the actual laws re cats are encapsulated here

https://www.petethevet.com/the-legal-status-of-cats-in-ireland-pete-the-vet-on-newstalks-pat-kenny-show/

And cats, re your later post, are not obliged to be chipped.

• Advertisement

Ah OK; but you implied there were laws ? The actual laws re cats are encapsulated here.

https://www.petethevet.com/the-legal-status-of-cats-in-ireland-pete-the-vet-on-newstalks-pat-kenny-show/

And cats, re your later post, are not obliged to be chipped.

If someone owns the cat, they are responsible for it. And yes there is a legal duty of care to the animal to ensure it is cared for with a view to its own safety and that of other animals. That is the law (never mind common sense really).

While not obligatory by law if the cat has no other identification on it such as a tag or phone number as is the case here then surely a 'responsible' pet owner should really think about having their animal chipped no??

Animal welfare organisations recommend keeping cats indoors or if they are outdoors it should be in an outdoor cat run.

They also advise owners to make sure their cat is micro chipped as well as wearing a visible collar that includes name and contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭marcos_94

If someone owns the cat, they are responsible for it. And yes there is a legal duty of care to the animal to ensure it is cared for with a view to its own safety and that of other animals. That is the law (never mind common sense really).

While not obligatory by law if the cat has no other identification on it such as a tag or phone number as is the case here then surely a 'responsible' pet owner should really think about having their animal chipped no??

Animal welfare organisations recommend keeping cats indoors or if they are outdoors it should be in an outdoor cat run.

They also advise owners to make sure their cat is micro chipped as well as wearing a visible collar that includes name and contact details.

You sound like a delightful neighbour to have. What do you do if your neighbours kids kick a ball over the wall and it happens to hit one of your plants? Should kids be kept inside too? Cop on and realise that cats need access to the outdoors just like dogs need to be walked.

OP, you have gone above and beyond what the majority of people would do in your situation. I wish you all the luck in returning the catnapped items!

marcos_94 wrote: »
    You sound like a delightful neighbour to have. What do you do if your neighbours kids kick a ball over the wall and it happens to hit one of your plants? Should kids be kept inside too? Cop on and realise that cats need access to the outdoors just like dogs need to be walked.

OP, you have gone above and beyond what the majority of people would do in your situation. I wish you all the luck in returning the catnapped items!

Animal vs Humans again, there is a difference.

We can enjoy animals for what they are, without the anthropomorphic delusion.

Pets do not equal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Animal vs Humans again, there is a difference.

We can enjoy animals for what they are, without the anthropomorphic delusion.

Pets do not equal people.

Humans are animals...

Cop on and realise that cats need access to the outdoors just like dogs need to be walked.

Dogs are under control when walked, or they should be. While the OP is trying to return the items taken by the cat, he is not addressing the issue. He is not trying to prevent it. He is not being responsible.

Humans are animals...

Through biological classification but I think you know what I mean, posters using examples of children's behaviour compared to that of a cat are astonishing.

Pets are not the same as children or any person for that matter.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Dogs are under control when walked, or they should be. While the OP is trying to return the items taken by the cat, he is not addressing the issue. He is not trying to prevent it. He is not being responsible.

Ah yes, the other delightful neighbour. OP is behaving completely irresponsible. How dare they allow their animal to do what it naturally does, it shouldnt be outside and definitely should recognise private property boundaries. You and Fringe should start your own housing estate which bans any free roaming animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

If you feed it then in the eyes of the law you own it and are therefore responsible for it.

Crikey. I put out food for the birds. The magpies are amongst the greediest and they deposit their mess on my neighbour's car. Should I pay for a respray??? How many houses should I leaflet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

OP whilst I applaud your effort in trying to get the items back is there any reason you aren't trying to restrict your cat from going into other gardens and taking them in the first place.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Crikey. I put out food for the birds. The magpies are amongst the greediest and they deposit their mess on my neighbour's car. Should I pay for a respray??? How many houses should I leaflet?

From an animal welfare perspective, they aren't covered by same act as a
    'protected animal' .

Wild animals in their wild state don't come into it. Unless you own them, then you are responsible for it.

Ah yes, the other delightful neighbour. OP is behaving completely irresponsible. How dare they allow their animal to do what it naturally does, it shouldnt be outside and definitely should recognise private property boundaries. You and Fringe should start your own housing estate which bans any free roaming animals

It is irresponsible to not have at least a tag on a pet that is allowed to roam free.

Real possibilty with a cat that is outdoors daily unsupervised that it could come back with worse than someone else's property such as FELV or FIV. That's if it comes back at all, unfortunately sometimes free roaming cats don't come back and that's not fair on the cat.

I am an animal lover and do my part to help with rescues etc but I do believe that pet owners have a big responsibility to their pets and should be respectful that not all neighbours would be happy with this situation.

• Advertisement

It is irresponsible to not have at least a tag on a pet that is allowed to roam free.

Real possibilty with a cat that is outdoors daily unsupervised that it could come back with worse than someone else's property such as FELV or FIV. That's if it comes back at all, unfortunately sometimes free roaming cats don't come back and that's not fair on the cat.

I am an animal lover and do my part to help with rescues etc but I do believe that pet owners have a big responsibility to their pets and should be respectful that not all neighbours would be happy with this situation.

I completely agree that all cats should be chipped. Both our cats are chippe. My family has always had cats. One of our cats, Wolfy, definitely prefers being indoors with people but still has the choice to go outside when he wants to (catflap) and regularly does.

Our other, Dusty, always preferred being outdoors when he was younger. Hed come back with some "catch" from the previous nights hunt on a regular basis. Now, being a bit older, he definitely prefers staying in the house or the garden and doesnt go off gallivanting. The important thing here is that they could choose if they wanted to be inside our outside.

I dont think anyone will deny that going out will pose risks, but thats life/nature. Cats need the outdoors for a healthy and happy life. Humans, and animals in the wild, go out and about accepting risks associated with their daily routines. Do you stay indoors because theres a risk you get hit by a car? Or maybe the risk of catching some airborne disease?

Animals have survived for millennia despite the risks associated with living

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I wouldn't consider anyone who would keep a cat indoors 24/7 or limit it to a cat run, or confined in any way, as an animal lover - certainly not a cat lover.

Its denying their nature and that is unnatural. In fact I consider it an act of animal cruelty to trap a cat in such a way.

I've had cats all my life, all of them were allowed outside, all of them lived to ripe old ages.

Unfollowing thread now, because its gone from being entertaining, to some posters simply being repetitive and tedious at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

I must admit I was undecided on whether to reply to this thread again or not; I'm definitely regretting opening it. I had no idea the strength of feeling it would raise. I feel that any comments I make are only going to annoy some posters more, and potentially cause other posters to argue their points etc. There are clearly some basic differences of opinion between different people here, and they're not going to be resolved in this thread.

For what it's worth I do consider myself a responsible pet owner. I freely admit that she wasn't wearing a name tag. This was because she went through a period of losing her collars with the breakaway feature, and every time she did we lost the name tag as well, and then we'd go buy another name tag each time we got a new collar. We tried a different type of collar recently and it seems to have worked and not been lost, and I planned to get a new name tag for it, but just hadn't got to it. I will do it as soon as I can. She's also micro-chipped as well. Personally, I don't think whether she's micro-chipped (or what I'd do if a child of mind was stealing!) is anything to do with my OP. And I don’t feel like I should have to defend my actions or motivations to anyone here who doesn’t even know me.

I don't think the issue of stopping her taking items from someone's garden is solved easily by just locking her indoors for the rest of her life. She's used to being able to go outside, she loves being outside, and personally I think locking her in now would be cruel and stressful to her. Hence I'd like to find out if there are other things that can be done to stop her taking anything. So, as well as getting the items back to the owners, I also want to find out who they are so we can discuss, as neighbours, what we can do. Clearly this is not the neighbour's fault and they shouldn't *have* to do anything, but as cats can't just be trained to behave a certain way, I feel I need to be realistic here.

One of our neighbour's cats visits us every day, she has some of our food, she even uses our cats' toilet etc. This doesn't bother me in the slightest. If that neighbour came to me, saying they didn't want me giving her food, I wouldn't blame them for letting the cat out, I'd take it on board and do my best to make sure she never gets into our house again. If that neighbour came in to me and asked me to stop the cat from getting into my garden, I'd do my best to maybe dissuade the cat from visiting, old tricks like a water pistol etc. might help there. My point is that I'd try to work it out with the neighbour, I know what it's like to have a cat as a pet. I wouldn't just say 'well lock the cat in your house then' to them.

So, my hope is that when I find out who owns these items, then I might be able to come up with a plan with them. Of course, that might not happen. They might hate cats, or they might think 'sorry, this is all your fault, you sort it', as is their right. And if that happens, then it's up to me to find out what else I can do. But I think it's reasonable to at least investigate other solutions first. I’ve tried giving her a positive reaction to her gift (as she sees it), as suggested, but that hasn’t stopped it, and I tried giving her a negative reaction, and we’ll see if that works. I also plan to discuss this behaviour with my Vet, to see if they have any advice.

For those who are interested, I visited about 30 houses yesterday evening, talking to the owners or dropping in leaflets if they weren’t there. I’d say about 20 or so houses answered, and none of them owned the items, so that was a bit disappointing. I’m hoping that one of the houses that didn’t answer might own them, and it looked like a few of them might be away on holidays, so it might be a little while before I hear back from them. I’m going to leave it a few days to give people a chance to reply to my leaflets and then I’m going to visit another 10 or so houses that are in a different estate but were just outside the range of where she visited, in case the items are from there.

Anyhow, thanks for the constructive suggestions I got here, like using Leaflets and Facebook to try to get in touch with the owners, I appreciate it. I’m not going to add to this thread anymore, it’s just not worth the hassle and un-called for judgement from complete strangers who just have different values to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Nooooo you cant leave it like this!!! We have to know!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

dashoonage wrote: »
    Nooooo you cant leave it like this!!! We have to know!!!!

+ 1!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

jasonb wrote: »
    I don't think the issue of stopping her taking items from someone's garden is solved easily by just locking her indoors for the rest of her life. She's used to being able to go outside, she loves being outside, and personally I think locking her in now would be cruel and stressful to her. Hence I'd like to find out if there are other things that can be done to stop her taking anything. So, as well as getting the items back to the owners, I also want to find out who they are so we can discuss, as neighbours, what we can do. Clearly this is not the neighbour's fault and they shouldn't *have* to do anything, but as cats can't just be trained to behave a certain way, I feel I need to be realistic here.

You could look at securing your garden so the cat can still go outside but can't wander into into other gardens lookup Cat fences.
    There are also Catio's which are more restrictive but more secure.

Other than not hanging out their clothes there is probably little the neighbour can do, and it the cat has developed this habit they may well look for opportunities in other neighbours gardens to rob clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I bet the people who are so adamant a cat should not be wandering around are the same type of people who would not stop if they ran one over, or would leave an injured animal on the side of the street.

Jason, please come back and update us when you find the owner of the klepto cat items, I have been following this with amusement!

Just something else to consider (not saying OP cat is vicious as there is no indication of this at all) but here is an example of a case where cat was allowed roam and the owners ended up being sued.

Lady sued her next door neighbours for negligence, breach of duty and nuisance in the control, care and supervision of their cat. Case was settled but undisclosed settlement.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/dublin-woman-attacked-by-neighbour-s-cat-settles-case-1.3022423?mode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

train the cat to like the texture of bank notes ?

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I bet the people who are so adamant a cat should not be wandering around are the same type of people who would not stop if they ran one over, or would leave an injured animal on the side of the street.

Wow that's some leap to make!!

I can assure you that's absolutely not the case, I have hand nursed many animals back to health and help with local rescues as well as fostering and adopting animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

OP, please don’t let a few negative comments put you off. I, and others, are seriously invested in this and can’t wait to hear the outcome!! Please come back and let us know what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Your cat is just rewarding you with these "presents" for the way you treat him/her.

Please set up a cam/cctv and show it here.

It's adorable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Wow that's some leap to make!!

I can assure you that's absolutely not the case, I have hand nursed many animals back to health and help with local rescues as well as fostering and adopting animals.

Not that much of a leap tbh. Most people don't do what you do.

The word " responsible"
    in the laws you refer to in means to be responsible for eg feeding/caring for the animals, not some kind of third party responsibility and nothing in the case of cats about control.

You have certainly twisted the laws out of all recognition in your attitude to cats,

As I live on a very small isolated island with only 2 other cats and everyone knows who my cats are and loves them,

please quote me in full what these welfare folk, named please, actually say

jasonb wrote: »
    I must admit I was undecided on whether to reply to this thread again or not; I'm definitely regretting opening it. I had no idea the strength of feeling it would raise. I feel that any comments I make are only going to annoy some posters more, and potentially cause other posters to argue their points etc. There are clearly some basic differences of opinion between different people here, and they're not going to be resolved in this thread.

For what it's worth I do consider myself a responsible pet owner. I freely admit that she wasn't wearing a name tag. This was because she went through a period of losing her collars with the breakaway feature, and every time she did we lost the name tag as well, and then we'd go buy another name tag each time we got a new collar. We tried a different type of collar recently and it seems to have worked and not been lost, and I planned to get a new name tag for it, but just hadn't got to it. I will do it as soon as I can. She's also micro-chipped as well. Personally, I don't think whether she's micro-chipped (or what I'd do if a child of mind was stealing!) is anything to do with my OP. And I don’t feel like I should have to defend my actions or motivations to anyone here who doesn’t even know me.

One of our neighbour's cats visits us every day, she has some of our food, she even uses our cats' toilet etc. This doesn't bother me in the slightest. If that neighbour came to me, saying they didn't want me giving her food, I wouldn't blame them for letting the cat out, I'd take it on board and do my best to make sure she never gets into our house again. If that neighbour came in to me and asked me to stop the cat from getting into my garden, I'd do my best to maybe dissuade the cat from visiting, old tricks like a water pistol etc. might help there. My point is that I'd try to work it out with the neighbour, I know what it's like to have a cat as a pet. I wouldn't just say 'well lock the cat in your house then' to them.

So, my hope is that when I find out who owns these items, then I might be able to come up with a plan with them. Of course, that might not happen. They might hate cats, or they might think 'sorry, this is all your fault, you sort it', as is their right. And if that happens, then it's up to me to find out what else I can do. But I think it's reasonable to at least investigate other solutions first. I’ve tried giving her a positive reaction to her gift (as she sees it), as suggested, but that hasn’t stopped it, and I tried giving her a negative reaction, and we’ll see if that works. I also plan to discuss this behaviour with my Vet, to see if they have any advice.

For those who are interested, I visited about 30 houses yesterday evening, talking to the owners or dropping in leaflets if they weren’t there. I’d say about 20 or so houses answered, and none of them owned the items, so that was a bit disappointing. I’m hoping that one of the houses that didn’t answer might own them, and it looked like a few of them might be away on holidays, so it might be a little while before I hear back from them. I’m going to leave it a few days to give people a chance to reply to my leaflets and then I’m going to visit another 10 or so houses that are in a different estate but were just outside the range of where she visited, in case the items are from there.

Anyhow, thanks for the constructive suggestions I got here, like using Leaflets and Facebook to try to get in touch with the owners, I appreciate it. I’m not going to add to this thread anymore, it’s just not worth the hassle and un-called for judgement from complete strangers who just have different values to me.

at such times of provocation, the IGNORE button is a great help. if you go to the posters name on a post, a list will come up...

PLEASE keep posting; you have given such fun to so many of us in days when fun is absent ... Bless you!

Just something else to consider (not saying OP cat is vicious as there is no indication of this at all) but here is an example of a case where cat was allowed roam and the owners ended up being sued.

Lady sued her next door neighbours for negligence, breach of duty and nuisance in the control, care and supervision of their cat. Case was settled but undisclosed settlement.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/dublin-woman-attacked-by-neighbour-s-cat-settles-case-1.3022423?mode=amp

methinks the lady doth protest too much... ;)

methinks the lady doth protest too much... ;)

They were successfully sued for not controlling their cat, it's an Irish case.

You have certainly twisted the laws out of all recognition in your attitude to cats,

As I live on a very small isolated island with only 2 other cats and everyone knows who my cats are and loves them,

please quote me in full what these welfare folk, named please, actually say

Keep your kitty safe by keeping her indoors. Cats love the security of always having access to the house. If you are allowing your kitty to go outdoors, we at the <snip> recommend an enclosed, outdoor cat run, this way she gets the freedom of the great outdoors with the security of her own back garden.

Make sure your cat is micro chipped and wears a visible collar that includes her name and your contact details. If your cat does stray, and remember, a spayed/neutered kitty is less likely to want to stray, then, if she’s micro chipped, you increase your chances of having her returned safely.

Full guidelines are here:
    <link snipped>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Keep your kitty safe by keeping her indoors. Cats love the security of always having access to the house. If you are allowing your kitty to go outdoors, we at the <snip> recommend an enclosed, outdoor cat run, this way she gets the freedom of the great outdoors with the security of her own back garden.

Make sure your cat is micro chipped and wears a visible collar that includes her name and your contact details. If your cat does stray, and remember, a spayed/neutered kitty is less likely to want to stray, then, if she’s micro chipped, you increase your chances of having her returned safely.

Full guidelines are here:
    <link snipped>
    Are you an official representative of the DSPCA and entitled to make statements on their behalf?

Advertisement