Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monese Account Setup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

soirish wrote: »
    Support just told me the account will remain free for zero balance customers.

- I would get that in writing. I've read that when you go and top up they will deduct arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Have it in writing they wouldn't take arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The FAQ states:
    +What if there is no money in my account?

We are committed to fairer finance for all, we simply deduct £4.95 direct from your Monese account balance once a month. If for any reason you don’t have enough balance on your account to cover the monthly fee - we won’t close your account, or lock any features, we will just deduct £4.95 the next time you deposit money. Find out more about our pricing here.

However the terms state:
    Monese Account Fees

By opening an Account you agree to pay the fees below to Monese. You are required to retain sufficient money on your Account so that Monese can debit all fees & charges and other unpaid amounts (including arrears).

Followed by:
    If you have less than the monthly fee on your Account the monthly fee and the fee period will re-start when funds arrive. During any period when the balance is below the monthly fee you cannot use the Account, except to receive funds.

But giving that Monese has not honored previous statements (like we will never charge you for basic services) and changed terms without notice I am not sure if either FAQ or anything in writing has any meaning with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Got a reply from Monese CEO Norris Koppel. He stated that Monese will not be taking arrears for zero balance accounts, only the one month payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Just checking in - is anyone still using Monese? I am considering trying them out (having tried N26 & Revolut) but unsure what they offer that differentiates them from N26 or Revolut...

• Advertisement

I've joined up and I am waiting for my Eurozone Debit card. I opened euro and sterling account. It's giving me an option to also order a £ debit card -not sure if I would have to pay a delivery charge for this. I thought you only got one card for euro and sterling?

I'm getting Eurozone card free and €10 credit when I use my card. I have a referral code if I'm allowed post it?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I've joined up and I am waiting for my Eurozone Debit card. I opened euro and sterling account. It's giving me an option to also order a £ debit card -not sure if I would have to pay a delivery charge for this. I thought you only got one card for euro and sterling?

I'm getting Eurozone card free and €10 credit when I use my card. I have a referral code if I'm allowed post it?

It's now €15 when you join and do your first transaction. PM me for my code.

Debit card's refreshed and some T&C's updated today.

Monese has integrated with Google Pay in 11 new markets across Europe, allowing Android users to spend via the phones.

Customers of Monese living in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Sweden and Spain are able to use their Monese cards with Google Pay, wherever Google Pay is accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And they have now started issuing IBAN account numbers from

Belgium

Now that is an unusual choice.

• Advertisement

Monese is offering EUR joint accounts between EEA registered users across mainland Europe, a first for the continent.

All joint accounts come with free and instant transfers between EUR or GBP Monese personal accounts, as well as free and instant Monese to Monese transfers globally, saving consumers hundreds on cross-border fees.

You can now log in to your Monese account from your desktop with the new Monese for web.

https://web.monese.com/

Advertisement