Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dogs ***** havnt dropped!

• 14-08-2019 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anybody has any experience with their dogs testicles not dropping... I am guessing that is what is wrong as they are so tiny. When he shows his belly you can see that they are there but only the outline.

He is a Rottwieler cross and quite big.. at nearly 5 months he is 25 killos.

I am hoping t hear that it is not a big deal and that there is still time for them to drop! We are away so it will be next Monday before I can get him to the vets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Have you had someone experienced with balls have a look for them :D

When they lie on their back it can be much harder to see them as puppies. You would need to check when he is standing up & should hopefully feel them then but it is best left to someone experienced such as a Breeder or Vet as rummaging around can actually have the opposite effect! When he was vaccinated the vet would have checked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Knine wrote: »

Quote of the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

When they lie on their back it can be much harder to see them as puppies. You would need to check when he is standing up & should hopefully feel them then but it is best left to someone experienced such as a Breeder or Vet as rummaging around can actually have the opposite effect! When he was vaccinated the vet would have checked.

Havnt had an expert look yet.

You cant see them when he is standing up but Ive had a feel and you can feel them... like two small quails eggs!

Our last male had huge balls as a pup so it may be that I am just overreacting.

His willy is also quite small so maybe he is just a big boy with small bits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

AryaStark wrote: »

:D

Like males of many species so!

It sounds like everything is perfectly fine. If you can feel two then he is entire, they will get bigger as he matures!

It sounds like everything is perfectly fine. If you can feel two then he is entire, they will get bigger as he matures!

Am hoping it is that... I have spent some time on Google and had myself worried about all sorts! My vet will be laughing his head off at me next week if he is ok... I bring my guys to the vet if they sneeze haha am so paranoid about them being sick or something going wrong.

• Advertisement

Like Knine said, I wouldn't overly worry if you can feel them in the scrotal sack (can't wait to see whether boards bleeps me for that) but I'd pop along on monday anyway to get the vet to confirm and put your mind at rest. :) If one or both are undescended there's a higher chance of testicular cancer (I'm sure you've googled it anyway) so the vet might neuter earlier than the 2 years you were thinking.

I'd just get the vet to have a look. My neighbour has gundogs and his young irish water spaniel had one ascend again so he had to be neutered. Shame - if the dog worked out as a gundog he was considering breeding him to his bitch and I need IWS puppies in my life. ;)

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Like Knine said, I wouldn't overly worry if you can feel them in the scrotal sack (can't wait to see whether boards bleeps me for that) but I'd pop along on monday anyway to get the vet to confirm and put your mind at rest. :) If one or both are undescended there's a higher chance of testicular cancer (I'm sure you've googled it anyway) so the vet might neuter earlier than the 2 years you were thinking.

I'd just get the vet to have a look. My neighbour has gundogs and his young irish water spaniel had one ascend again so he had to be neutered. Shame - if the dog worked out as a gundog he was considering breeding him to his bitch and I need IWS puppies in my life. ;)

I hate the idea of neutering him as have read that with Rottweilers there is a higher change of cancer when they are neutered too soon.

I trust my vet so Ill go through the options with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My dog had both testes undecended. There was no sign of them at all and this didnt change as he grew. The breeder told me to smear butter where they should be as licking would encourage them to decend. It just sounded like an old wives tale to me and i didnt bother. I wouldnt have had a clue where to smear it anyway. If they are undecended they will have a very high chance of turning cancerous due to the higher temperature inside the body. I had my boy neutered at a year and a half but hes a small to medium size. Id be still inclined to wait to two years for a large dog, especially a rottie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My kitten Moose had one undescended testicle when he was a kitten, meaning he couldn’t get neutered before being sold along with the rest of his litter (most cat breeders do paediatric neutering!). So I got him, because the breeder knew me and trusted me to get him done when he was old enough for the bigger operation to go exploring for the rogue one. Sure enough, at about 5.5months old out it popped! We booked him to get neutered that week before it decided to do a disappearing act again :D
    With his missing one, we couldn’t even feel it though. So I’d say as long as you can feel something in the area, he should be fine. Maybe just a late bloomer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Wondering if anybody has any experience with their dogs testicles not dropping... I am guessing that is what is wrong as they are so tiny. When he shows his belly you can see that they are there but only the outline.

He is a Rottwieler cross and quite big.. at nearly 5 months he is 25 killos.

I am hoping t hear that it is not a big deal and that there is still time for them to drop! We are away so it will be next Monday before I can get him to the vets.

Yeah it happened to our dachshund. Its considered a genetic default and default for showing. We weren't interested in showing him or breeding him but he is a pedigree with had to notify people as no one can breed from him now etc.

One testicle never descended.

When we got him neutered both were removed. It wasn't more expensive to do because one was not descended yet. It was still a simple operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Havnt had an expert look yet.

You cant see them when he is standing up but Ive had a feel and you can feel them... like two small quails eggs!

Our last male had huge balls as a pup so it may be that I am just overreacting.

I also fall into the bottom line description :D:D

ban away dbb

once there in scrotum then they are fine if 1 or 2 missing regardless of size then watch closely as a missing 1 needs finding danger of cancer in later life if not addressed

he is young yet so a testosterone level increase will also boost size

most will be easily found by an experienced hand if missing and are usually inguinal just at the base of the penis towards the leg joint

these can be manipulated into the scrotal sack and held in position for about 1 min a couple of times a day it helps to stretch the cord

my new little springer has this issue at the moment even though I could easily find 2 the day I went to pick him up

vet checked him wed and is confident it will fall hes only 13 weeks old yet so plenty of time

knine your on a roll :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

We've a golden retriever and i think his only dropped at around 7 months. Don't forget bigger dogs take longer to mature

just an update on my little guy he now calls himself a real man he has 2 balls where they are supposed to be

what an exciting weekend jesus I need to get out more often

I suppose the purpose of this post is give them a bit of time my guy is now coming up to 5.5 months born 13th may

I don't know what I will do next weekend

jimf wrote: »
    just an update on my little guy he now calls himself a real man he has 2 balls where they are supposed to be

what an exciting weekend jesus I need to get out more often

I suppose the purpose of this post is give them a bit of time my guy is now coming up to 5.5 months born 13th may

I don't know what I will do next weekend

Great news 😂

My guy has blossomed and has two lovely big balls 😂 it took him a while but now you can't miss them!

Great news ��

My guy has blossomed and has two lovely big balls �� it took him a while but now you can't miss them!

dbb is getting soft these days we are getting away with murder

bye bye see ye in a week :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'm delighted you had such an exciting weekend jimf.
    Why don't yourself and himself spend next weekend comparing notes :D
    Do let us know how it goes :D:D

DBB wrote: »
    I'm delighted you had such an exciting weekend jimf.
    Why don't yourself and himself spend next weekend comparing notes :D
    Do let us know how it goes :D:D

:P:P:P

at least his might have a future mine have only a past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Am I the only one wondering what your dog licked before they dropped?

• Advertisement

Dying here with a vomiting bug lads. Feeling rotten. You gave me a proper laugh I wasn't expecting. :pac:

frag420 wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering what your dog licked before they dropped?

well he had 1 so id say hes a bit confused now

Advertisement