Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlegarden Ride on cutting out

Options
  • 26-05-2020 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    I have the above machine and when i start it normally using trottle and choke it starts perfectly and then i close off the choke. The machine will run for a few seconds and then cut out. But if i start the engine and engage my blades immediately it will run for about a minute or two and then cutout. This problem has been with me for a year or so and was never an issue in the years before this. This becomes a pain when you are cutting the grass as it cuts out all the time and you have to restart the machine and engage the blades quickly before it cuts out which gives you another 2 minutes of cutting time. This can be repeated about 10 times before it will continuously stay on. Model is castlegarden xt200hd twin cut.
    Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Here are a few questions I would ask:
    Do you get it serviced annually?
    If not, have you changed the spark plug and the oil, and cleaned the air filter recently?
    When you put it away do you turn off the fuel tap and run it until it uses up all the fuel in the carbuerator, (or run the tank dry if no tap)?
    In the latter case, fuel evaporating in the carb over time leaves a gummy residue which blocks up the jets, requiring dismantling and cleaning.
    There is also the possibility that there is a blockage in the fuel line, leading to fuel starvation.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fuel filter might need changing?

Does it have a full tap? Mine doesn't have one but some might.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

The cap of the fuel tank should have a vent hole in it, to equalise the air pressure. Yours might be blocked. after running, if you loosen the cap, is there a "sucking" sound? Try starting with the tank cap slightly loose, so that air can get in. If it keeps running, either clean out the vent hole or, if that's not possible, replace the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

I had similar issue with fuel starvation. Grass seeds got into fuel tank and started to block the fuel supply. Filter was clean and not picking up anything. Now to clear it I just open at the filter and blow air back into fuel tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

also get in to the habit of using a funnel with a filter every time you fill the tank, helps prevent any guk getting through and blocking up the carb

• Advertisement
Advertisement