Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubitat anyone?

Options
  • 13-05-2020 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Anyone got a Hubitat Elevation? Appears to be gaining significant momentum but very little mention of it around here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

kifi wrote: »
    Anyone got a Hubitat Elevation? Appears to be gaining significant momentum but very little mention of it around here

In case anyone is interested, got one and I'm mighty impressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

kifi wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, got one and I'm mighty impressed!!

What devices have you connected to it? I looked at it last year but I think it was lack of compatible devices that I own that turned me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

garion wrote: »
    What devices have you connected to it? I looked at it last year but I think it was lack of compatible devices that I own that turned me off it.

So far Samsung buttons, sensors, smart plugs and Hue

It is absolutely flawless so far.

Where did you buy it from? The UK/IRL version on their website has been out of stock for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 slashslash

bought it last month from infemto.com, it's an irish company that resells Hubitat Hubs, I'd been a hass.io user for a while, but it's been eating a lot of my SD Cards, so I switched to Hubitat and I can't be any happier with it.

• Advertisement

slashslash wrote: »
    bought it last month from infemto.com, it's an irish company that resells Hubitat Hubs, I'd been a hass.io user for a while, but it's been eating a lot of my SD Cards, so I switched to Hubitat and I can't be any happier with it.

Can I ask what you've integrated with it? Outside of Hue I'm struggling with mine. Would love to have my heating (Honeywell Evohome), cameras (Blink) and alarm (Ajax) but don't see any integrations for them. Or even some smart plugs (Teckin) that I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Anyone with a door lock working - ideally with remote, autolock , pin and tag features etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Got one of these over xmas. Set up zigbee temperature/humidity sensors in all the rooms, a load of zigbee outlets and some toggle switches.
    I also fitted a zwave relay to control my boiler, I'm yet to connect that to the hubitat as have been using a dedicated thermostat to do it for now but will make the switch soon.
    I also took delivery of a zigbee motion sensor today to try out and see about setting motion activated lights.
    So far my experience has been great.
    I have a TRV arriving hopefully in the next couple of weeks to try out.

I've written a home heating system using .net core (started with 2.2 but recently upgraded to Net 5.0) and am going to implement it with the hubitat so my schedules, boiler/trv control and dashboards are all going to be done in my app and I'll interact with the MakerAPI to gather the sensor readings and send commands to the devices. I'm going to run my app on an RPi I have lying around here.
    Planning on doing a mobile app for it too when Net MAUI is released with Net 6 later this year

Advertisement