Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-Stop 90's

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That would be a no sir!

They're on TuneIn, so you stream it no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Back on 88.1!! Audio sounds just fantastic!!!

Listening yesterday evening (Monday ) -major audio issues with over modulation

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Infoanon wrote: »
    I totally disagree with you on that point was listening last night myself and sounded lovely where I was listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,242 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I missed it over the weekend but my memory of it's first run was fairly similar to what you've described.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Stream been off the last while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

they are active on their facebook though.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Has NonStop90s stopped broadcasting entirely. Such a shame it was a great station.

Has NonStop90s stopped broadcasting entirely. Such a shame it was a great station.

i honestly don't know. they haven't said anything on their facebook which is still quite active (or at least it was)

Yes, stream went off in the last month or two. Shame, great audio from it.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    The brand is great from a consumer perspective, but it might raise some eyebrows/objections if it were seen to apply for a temporary licence. I don't know if it would cause any problem at all, but maybe it would be better to just play it safe and apply as a fresh brand.

It looks like the branding has been copied in the UK. http://www.nonstop90s.net/

fmfan wrote: »
    It looks like the branding has been copied in the UK. http://www.nonstop90s.net/

the uk station is actually the older of the 2.

Well, same name and similar concept. That UK one has been around for a while and was on one of the DAB+ minimuxes as well at some stage. Doesn't look like it really took off though.

Would have been nice for our local Non-Stop 90s to maintain a stream at least. They had some amazing imaging and great audio. Plus it's really hard to build up listeners on any new streaming station, so it would have been a good going concern.

Non-Stop 90's now on DAB radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Let’s hope they stay on DAB, they caused mayhem a few years ago, A money machine not in it for the love of radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Let’s hope they stay on DAB, they caused mayhem a few years ago, A money machine not in it for the love of radio.

Mayhem? Money machine? What have you been smoking "Keith" you're clearly misinformed or delusional :)

Mayhem? Money machine? What have you been smoking "Keith" you're clearly misinformed or delusional :)

Some people’s memories are very short: Non Stop 90s had all the other stations in a panic as Comreg went looking for them from different sites, A different station was raided thinking it was them. They were a professional outfit with plenty of ads making plenty of money.

Some people’s memories are very short: Non Stop 90s had all the other stations in a panic as Comreg went looking for them from different sites, A different station was raided thinking it was them. They were a professional outfit with plenty of ads making plenty of money.
    Do you really think that Comreg mixed up the station / site it was raiding??

2 Stations were raided on the same day Rince - which was on a frequency about to be used by Christmas FM and Non Stop 90s.

2 Stations were raided on the same day Rince - which was on a frequency about to be used by Christmas FM and Non Stop 90s.

You’ll find only RINCE was raided that time

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭kazoo106

In the eyes of "The Law", the use of "Wireless Telegraphy without an active license" is used as the reason for action. There is NO difference in the law between an FM Pirate, an unlicensed DAB Mux, someone running an 802.11 wifi device at higher power than ETSI Limits or indeed out of band or a Chinese high powered landline wireless phone.

Now in practice, Comreg have traditionally acted only upon complaints - so who complains? legitimate users

In the case of FM, The licensed legals

In the case of the Chinese phone base stations - the Emergency services service operator

In the case of DAB, active operators (or indeed operators who are previous and perhaps a tad jealous)

The purge in October 2016 was very interesting indeed, however, there are stations up and down the country running ads and have been since 1989

At the end of the day, if the law being broken with regard to wireless telegraphy, all operators of such apparatus should indeed know the potential consequences .

• Advertisement

You’ll find only RINCE was raided that time
    Non Stop said they were raided.. .

Either way it doesn't change the fact that Comreg did not raid Rince by mistake.

is the station streaming online again or is it just on dab at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

is the station streaming online again or is it just on dab at the moment?

Only on DAB it looks like, can't find an online stream anywhere. Not playing on TuneIn either.

Only on DAB it looks like, can't find an online stream anywhere. Not playing on TuneIn either.

It would be nice to hear them online again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Back on tune-in according to facebook

Gone again. Pity as it would really work with live shows and original imaging.

Gone again. Pity as it would really work with live shows and original imaging.

the stream is still up.
    have they mentioned anything on facebook?

the stream is still up.
    have they mentioned anything on facebook?
    Probably referring to it being missing from DAB in Dublin.

good point actually.
    i do know it was missing from the live view for the cork mux that freedab have on their website, but the other live views aren't working for me so i couldn't check.
    presumably the dublin mux is back up now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

good point actually.
    i do know it was missing from the live view for the cork mux that freedab have on their website, but the other live views aren't working for me so i couldn't check.
    presumably the dublin mux is back up now?

Not afaik

I was referring to the tunein stream and Dublin DAB. Not available on either atm.

The stream is still up on TuneIn but no audio so it’s a problem on Non Stop 90s side

it's back playing music again.

it's back playing music again.[/quot

Does there seem to be an issue with tunein with different devices as it plays on mobile but not on tv linked tunein app.

i don't know as i don't use tunein itself but use the direct url to the stream.
    the stream is down at the moment though, the server is offline.

edit.
    they have changed stream url, perhapse they haven't updated it on tunein yet?
    https://stream.btsstream.com:8042/nonstop90s

• Advertisement

Seems OK here on TuneIn desktop and mobile app, suggest retrying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

working fine on a Firestick too.

Seems OK here on TuneIn desktop and mobile app, suggest retrying it.

This is what I'm always getting.

I just checked, and it's the same error on the TuneIn app on older Samsung TV. Other stations all fine. The stream codec all appears fine and it works TuneIn elsewhere - not sure what the issue is here.

Advertisement