Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-07-2012, 10:12   #1

Aer Lingus so called sale...rubbish

Went to try to see if I could book flights in the so called Aer Lingus flights sale. It said 'up to' ( love those 2 little words because when you see them it basically means 'suckers' ) 50% off. Think I was saving 2.80euro on a 110euro flight..!!! Wow what a saving, thanks Aer Lingus. Gee, if I buy a cup of tea on board I've used all my saving...!!!!
I wish they would change that loop hole in the law, its the biggest scam when it comes to sales and so called bargains, 'up to this' and save 'up to ' that. I pass a store quite regularly and there's always sales with 'up to' 70% off in some cases. You go in and perhaps 1 or 2 items have a few euro off them...what a joke...
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-07-2012, 10:30   #2
pleasant Co.
delightful

"Sales" don't entice me, signs with big numbers on them don't make me spend my money, it's either a case that I think what I am buying is worth the money I'm paying or it's a last minute thing so I may have to pay over the odds.

Now that you know my way of thinking you'll understand that I don't see any "scam" with regards to advertising sales as "'up to this' and save 'up to ' that".
05-07-2012, 13:15   #3
run_Forrest_run

I hate this carry on with Aer Lingus sales. I believe they have received a rap on the knuckles about their sales adverts before because no one bar the one of two lucky ones manage to avail of the sale prices.
It's all a scam anyway, as Mactard said, treat everything on its current worth, don't get caught up in the marketing bull that these companies like to spin.
06-07-2012, 14:22   #4
daheff

well ... as far as i can see...Aer Lingus quote the sale discount on their charge...not on the overall (including tax, administration & baggage)fee.

so while it could be a 50% sale...the price may only drop by a few euros - the tax & admin portion of the flight prices are quite high these days!
07-07-2012, 10:42   #5
MoeJay

What's the difference between this and the countless number of times that many shops have small "up to" and huge "50% off" signs, or that other classic "selected lines only"......?

Caveat emptor!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion