Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mira Elite SE Dual

Options
  • 28-02-2020 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭

Short video of the rain head on the Mira Elite Dual. The shower itself still plays second fiddle to the Triton T90SR but many will want this Dual model with the rain head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭headtheball14

I saw those last week for sale, what is the benefit of these, is it a water pump and water heater. Does it require a different electrical connection than standard electric shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I saw those last week for sale, what is the benefit of these, is it a water pump and water heater. Does it require a different electrical connection than standard electric shower.

It's a regular Pumped electric shower. The selling point of this one is the rain head. I've seen many people over the years buy a rain head diverter from Aldi or Lidl. These were designed for high pressure systems and electric showers will never be high pressure. The water would literally just drip out of the head. This one gives reasonable performance from the rain head. A new lot of people will buy this shower just because of the rain head. If a rain head doesn't appeal to you then the triton t90sr is a better shower

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sirglavcelot

Hi

Hope all are well. I just purchased one of these Mira Elite SE showers. I was just wondering about the incoming water supply. Why can you not install from the back, only from the top or from the bottom? What would happen if you did install from the back?

Thanks

Hope all are well. I just purchased one of these Mira Elite SE showers. I was just wondering about the incoming water supply. Why can you not install from the back, only from the top or from the bottom? What would happen if you did install from the back?

This is the same as all previous Mira Elite showers. It's not a new requirement with this model. 90 percent of Mira showers are installed incorrectly. Congratulations on being one of the few people that reads the installation instructions.

Is there any reason why you'd want or need to come straight out of the wall & into the shower? If the pipe comes straight out of the wall just put an elbow on it pointing down, not up. Fit a small piece of pipe between the elbow and the shower water inlet

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is the same as all previous Mira Elite showers. It's not a new requirement with this model. 90 percent of Mira showers are installed incorrectly. Congratulations on being one of the few people that reads the installation instructions.

Is there any reason why you'd want or need to come straight out of the wall & into the shower? If the pipe comes straight out of the wall just put an elbow on it pointing down, not up. Fit a small piece of pipe between the elbow and the shower water inlet

Thanks for the reply Sleeper12. I won't be installing it myself I was just curious to the reason why you can't back feed it. Is there a specific reason, is it just a leak issue or is it a water flow quality issue?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Sleeper12. I won't be installing it myself I was just curious to the reason why you can't back feed it. Is there a specific reason, is it just a leak issue or is it a water flow quality issue?

I'm sure Mira have a scientific reason but from the consumers point of view the cover won't fit correctly. There isn't enough space for the pipe to come straight out of the wall, the cable to go over it and to fit the cover. You'll end up with a gap between the shower and the wall on the bottom left side

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm sure Mira have a scientific reason but from the consumers point of view the cover won't fit correctly. There isn't enough space for the pipe to come straight out of the wall, the cable to go over it and to fit the cover. You'll end up with a gap between the shower and the wall on the bottom left side

Well I got my shower installed and to be quite honest it not very impressive. The old Mira Elite 2 had better pressure. I was wondering if things would improve if I had a 22mm pipe installed to the inlet instead of the 15mm one? The shower is directly below the the water tank so maybe the distance is two small, about 1.5m, to make a larger diameter pipe improve things.

Thanks

Well I got my shower installed and to be quite honest it not very impressive. The old Mira Elite 2 had better pressure. I was wondering if things would improve if I had a 22mm pipe installed to the inlet instead of the 15mm one? The shower is directly below the the water tank so maybe the distance is two small, about 1.5m, to make a larger diameter pipe improve things.

We get this all the time. A 9kw shower is a 9kw shower. The possible differences would be the different heads or much more likely is the element in your 20 year old shower was caked with limescale. This would take the water longer to heat up but once heated you get hotter water. Hotter water means that you increase the pressure to cool it down. Your mira elite se will most likely have the same pressure as your Mira Elite 2 after 15 or 20 years of use.

They are both 9kw showers though

If you turn your shower all the way to cold you'll have great pleasure. At least you should have. Larger pipes are no use as you still need to slow down the water to heat it up. You should be getting around 4 litres of warm water per minute from it. You can test this by seeing how many times you can fill a litre jug in 60 seconds. I'm betting 4 per minute

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Recently got this installed in my bathroom. Unfortunately the plumber put the clamp bracket for the showerhead below the hose retaining ring.

He is on holidays now, and am just wondering if this is a simple fix that I, a novice, could carry out, or am I better off waiting for him to return?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Plascebo wrote: »
    Recently got this installed in my bathroom. Unfortunately the plumber put the clamp bracket for the showerhead below the hose retaining ring.

He is on holidays now, and am just wondering if this is a simple fix that I, a novice, could carry out, or am I better off waiting for him to return?
    Thanks

If you are from Dublin Northside, I have a feeling I was talking to you on Facebook already about this. I think you are better waiting for your installer to rectify his mistakes. If you alter the installation in any way you give him a get out of jail free card as he's no responsible for the installation. If he made such a stupid mistake I'd wonder what else might go wrong in the coming months. I'd make him stand over his work.

In answer to your question, they are fiddly things to install. They have tiny grub screws that can easily get lost & you will need different sized allen keys. I have installed dozens of these but my big hands struggle with these tiny grub screws. If it's not put back together exactly right it will drip from different points in the pole itself

Advertisement