Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

maximoose wrote: »
    Minecraft Dungeons is great craic, having fun with it

Hopefully they keep expanding it and adding levels

Hope my youngfella likes it. I was just about to click buy and spotted it's free with Gamepass!!! Phew.

Any good multiplayer death matches on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

jeez, how'd i miss timespinner on pc gamepass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

For some reason I've a massive goo on me to play Final Fantasy XII, €30 on CDKeys but free on Game Pass this year sometime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

New month, new departures. Leaving on the 15th

Console:
      Resident Evil Revelations Riptide GP: Renegade Riverbond Supermarket Shriek Everspace Superhot Screamride

PC:
      Superhot Book of Demons Riptide GP: Renegade Riverbond Samorost 3 Everspace The Last Door: Season 2 Supermarket Shriek The Stillness of the Wind

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Damn, Everspace has been in my "must get around to playing that soon" pile for ages. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

• Advertisement

New additions

Console:
      June 11 No Man’s Sky Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Dungeon of the Endless June 18 Bard’s Tale Remastered and Resnarkled Thronebreaker

PC:
      June 11 No Man’s Sky Battletech Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Dungeon of the Endless June 18 Bard’s Tale Remastered and Resnarkled

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thronebreaker, nice, looks good.

I'll admit to having absolutely no interest in Kingdom Hearts at all.

No Man's Sky is pretty good, but not incredible. An awful lot of inventory fiddling, something that I normally detest. Still though, explore a massive sci-fi universe, there's enough there to occupy me for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

CatInABox wrote: »

I'll admit to having absolutely no interest in Kingdom Hearts at all.

I played a couple of hours of III - I've no idea what the appeal is

Looking forward to giving No Mans Sky a go

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is Thronebreaker the witcher game? Had that on the radar for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is Thronebreaker the witcher game? Had that on the radar for a while.

Yes, I was tempted to get it a few times, I would have been really pissed off with myself if I bought both this and No Man's Sky, and then have the two arrive on Game Pass before I properly start either. No Man's Sky still hurts.

• Advertisement

No Man's Sky is going cross platform to coincide with the game pass release. I hope that includes cross save. I get great use switching between console and pc these days.

I loved Subnautica, I can see myself losing many hours in this too.

No Man's Sky is going cross platform to coincide with the game pass release. I hope that includes cross save. I get great use switching between console and pc these days.

I loved Subnautica, I can see myself losing many hours in this too.

Does that mean my save on steam will carry over or is it only cross play between Windows/xbox store and console?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does that mean my save on steam will carry over or is it only cross play between Windows/xbox store and console?
    Cross play across all platforms. But I dont know if cross play inherently includes cross save?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-10-no-mans-sky-getting-cross-platform-multiplayer-support-this-thursday

Still no 'No Man's Sky' nor 'Thronebreaker' on Game Pass for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

Same - Was hoping to download so they are there when i log off from work. Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I usually get tweets at 5pm from Game pass account when they are announcing games additions.
    Perhaps they'll be up by then, that'll be 9am in MS HQ time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭recyclops

loved the witcher and especially gwent, dont know why thronebreaker didnt do it for me, i may give it another try but cant see it doing much more

It's there for me but I had to search for it

They're available on the xbox website. I find the app is updated much later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just installed No Mans Sky on PC. First impressions = Thanks christ I did not buy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Glebee wrote: »
    Just installed No Mans Sky on PC. First impressions = Thanks christ I did not buy:)

:D When I built my gaming pc in 2014, I was partly justifying it on need to have No Mans Sky. I never bought it after the deluge of negative press.

I will download on Xbox now, to give it a go!

Buttros wrote: »
    Same - Was hoping to download so they are there when i log off from work. Oh well

NMS up and installed

Birneybau wrote: »
    NMS up and installed

Very glad I never bought No Man's Sky!

Birneybau wrote: »
    Very glad I never bought No Man's Sky!

I paid less than €30 for it, and I'm determined to get €30 worth of time out of it. Not €30 worth of enjoyment anyway....

CatInABox wrote: »
    I paid less than €30 for it, and I'm determined to get €30 worth of time out of it. Not €30 worth of enjoyment anyway....

Hahaha. God, I struggled with 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

NMS is what you make of it. It's one of the biggest (and probably emptiest) sandboxes out there, which has evolved into a nearly completely different game over time. It's a relaxing game, not an action game. I thoroughly enjoyed the 60+ hours I put into the launch title, and I went back to it a while ago and I nearly had to learn all over again. Then they released the VR update for free which change the experience yet again. And I've no doubt there's a PS5/XSX version to come, and going by HG's last updates, it will be free too. I do play solo in everything though, so if it's a MP experience you're looking for, I'm not sure how that evolved.

Single player, radiation, find this, craft that, find this, craft that. Really don't think it's for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Takes time to get used to it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, all I'll say is when you're going to warp, make sure you're full up on fuel so you can feck off from a planet if it's too stormy or barren looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

Is the gold to game pass ultimate 1-1 deal for €1 still going?

gmg678 wrote: »
    Is the gold to game pass ultimate 1-1 deal for €1 still going?

Yeah, load up on Gold and convert to GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Yeah, load up on Gold and convert to GPU.

I just paid 13 quid for a month of GPU as my last bulk upgrade just expired. So if I buy a year of Xbox Live Gold I can still upgrade for a euro a month on what’s on the account?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I just paid 13 quid for a month of GPU as my last bulk upgrade just expired. So if I buy a year of Xbox Live Gold I can still upgrade for a euro a month on what’s on the account?

No, that offer is only available if you haven't had GPU before. If you wait on your current sub to expire you can get a year of Gold and convert it by paying full price for a month of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

No, that offer is only available if you haven't had GPU before. If you wait on your current sub to expire you can get a year of Gold and convert it by paying full price for a month of GPU.

I just did it for the second time there, was only charged €1 this time too and now have a full year (after buying 1 year of Gold beforehand)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

I just did it for the second time there, was only charged €1 this time too and now have a full year (after buying 1 year of Gold beforehand)

Interesting. Looks like you can get the offer again.
    So, let sub expire; get gold; update to gpu for i euro.

Is this on the same account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anywhere else online to pick up a 24 month gold pass?! CD key’s seems to be sold out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anywhere else online to pick up a 24 month gold pass?! CD key’s seems to be sold out!

What about stacking 2 x 12 months from Gamivo. €77 total.

https://www.gamivo.com/product/xbox-live-gold-12-month-eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Will that work if I want to do the €1 conversion to game pass deal?!

nintendoo wrote: »
    Interesting. Looks like you can get the offer again.
    So, let sub expire; get gold; update to gpu for i euro.

Is this on the same account ?

Yes, I only have one account. It deffo works more than once.

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Will that work if I want to do the €1 conversion to game pass deal?!

Yes, just use both codes first. You can stack up to 36 months of Gold/GPU.

I don't post in here much, but I think it's time that getting a deal on Games Pass should have its own thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I don't post in here much, but I think it's time that getting a deal on Games Pass should have its own thread!

It’s a game pass thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    It’s a game pass thread!

Maybe a sticky at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi is anybody gamepass working the page won't load for me but said all services available in the network.

Leaving on June 30th

Console
    • Metro Exodus
    • Metal Slug X
    • Life is Strange 2
    • Neon Chrome
    • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
    • SteamWorld Dig 2
    • The Flame in the Flood

PC
    • Metro Exodus
    • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
    • Die for Valhalla!
    • Metal Slug X
    • Neon Chrome
    • teamWorld Dig 2
    • The Flame in the Flood

West of Dead is a fun little game, difficulty can be frustrating though. Think a cover based Dead Cells western

New Game Pass games getting added today

Night Call (Xbox One)
    Observation (Xbox One and PC)
    The Messenger (Xbox One)
    Streets of Rogue (Xbox One)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

New Game Pass games getting added today

Night Call (Xbox One)
    Observation (Xbox One and PC)
    The Messenger (Xbox One)
    Streets of Rogue (Xbox One)

Observation looks savage, looking forward to it.

Just double checking as my brothers game pass as expired that you still stage a few years live and upgrade it using the €1 offer? Recent posts seem to suggest this is still the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement