Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switchless socket wiring

Options
  • 13-04-2019 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can cut the 5amp plug in the picture off and then wire it directly to the attached 12amp switch-less socket?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JamBur

mcmorrowg wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if I can cut the 5amp plug in the picture off and then wire it directly to the attached 12amp switch-less socket?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

You want to wire directly from the socket to the transformer? Shouldn't be an issue. Why do you want to though? Aesthetically not the best either.

Edit: I hope you know enough to isolate the socket before you do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Fuses are installed to protect devices. If you remove plug and hardwire then you are removing fuse protection.
    Think carefully and ensure you know the risk. If in doubt then don’t do that

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mcmorrowg

Cerco wrote: »
    Fuses are installed to protect devices. If you remove plug and hardwire then you are removing fuse protection.
    Think carefully and ensure you know the risk. If in doubt then don’t do that

Thanks Guys. Decided to go another route. Sockets close enough that cable will stretch too. Will do until electrician returns to install correctly.

Advertisement