Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix Dublin Branch

Options
  • 10-04-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I see on LinkedIn Screwfix are hiring a Store Manager & a Assistant Manager for Dublin,

Anyone heard are they opening branches in Ireland now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

heffo500 wrote:
    Anyone heard are they opening branches in Ireland now?

Definitely no stores right now but they are thinking Brexit I'd imagine. SCREWFIX ie is actually screwfix UK. All products are shipped directly from the UK to the customer in Ireland. This leaves many goods without a warranty. If the UK crash out of the EU the Irish screwfix website will be useless. There will be duties & possibly UK & EU VAT on their goods. The only way to future proof is to open an Irish warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Definitely no stores right now but they are thinking Brexit I'd imagine. SCREWFIX ie is actually screwfix UK. All products are shipped directly from the UK to the customer in Ireland. This leaves many goods without a warranty. If the UK crash out of the EU the Irish screwfix website will be useless. There will be duties & possibly UK & EU VAT on their goods. The only way to future proof is to open an Irish warehouse

Surely they must have one planned soon if they are hiring these positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

heffo500 wrote: »
    Surely they must have one planned soon if they are hiring these positions?

I meant to say that they don't have any stores right now. Obviously if they are looking for staff they must be planning one. They left it very late. Brexit was supposed to be 10 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

i think they are owned by same owners as B&Q, in UK they tend to be quite close to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

eusap wrote: »
    i think they are owned by same owners as B&Q, in UK they tend to be quite close to each other
    Kingfisher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement