Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teacher's conferences

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

judeboy101 wrote: »
    So into claim gov have told them the end is in sight , lol.

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2019/0422/1045010-pay-equality-teachers/

Very clever move from the Govt pre conferences ....SN was on the news saying how significant it was..nice of her to take time off from her canvassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

So into claim gov have told them the end is in sight , lol.

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2019/0422/1045010-pay-equality-teachers/

This really makes my blood boil because I know it's not true. If it ain't in writing, I ain't buying. Like said earlier, a very clever move by government. They just don't want us balloting for strike action. Who knows what it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Sir123 wrote: »
    This really makes my blood boil because I know it's not true. If it ain't in writing, I ain't buying. Like said earlier, a very clever move by government. They just don't want us balloting for strike action. Who knows what it'll be.

Yes who knows what'll it'll be & what godforsaken 'deal' it'll tie us into for all eternity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

The INTO need a Mary Harney/Joan Burton/Mary Lou McDonald battling for them because as long as I've been watching them they've consistently been a complete walkover. Happy with whatever breadcrumbs they can get after the government has robbed their bread.

Its leadership, like that of the TUI's, is painfully naive and myopic and unwilling to face up to the wider picture of decline in working conditions, both for teachers and for "squeezed middle" workers across western society. No vision, none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭doc_17

gaiscioch wrote: »
    The INTO need a Mary Harney/Joan Burton/Mary Lou McDonald battling for them because as long as I've been watching them they've consistently been a complete walkover. Happy with whatever breadcrumbs they can get after the government has robbed their bread.

Its leadership, like that of the TUI's, is painfully naive and myopic and unwilling to face up to the wider picture of decline in working conditions, both for teachers and for "squeezed middle" workers across western society. No vision, none at all.

Mary Lou? Ah here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

doc_17 wrote: »
    Mary Lou? Ah here!!!

Can't think of three worse examples of female politicians

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

doc_17 wrote: »
    Mary Lou? Ah here!!!

Can't think of three worse examples of female politicians

You don't need to agree with their politics to see their value. They'll each fight their corner and perhaps even, from time to time, for what they believe in. The INTO (and TUI) badly need fighters like that rather than the pathetic servility which has marked too many Union leaders who have an eye on getting government appointments in their post-Union career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

gaiscioch wrote: »
    You don't need to agree with their politics to see their value. They'll each fight their corner and perhaps even, from time to time, for what they believe in. The INTO (and TUI) badly need fighters like that rather than the pathetic servility which has marked too many Union leaders who have an eye on getting government appointments in their post-Union career.

Really it was a bit disappointing that the ASTI's opening gambit on Monday was a joint statement on behalf of unions and the government saying it would be given “full consideration” :rolleyes:etc : ;
    It maintained that the text it agreed with unions stated that outstanding issues relating to the lower-pay arrangements for staff taken on since 2010 “may” be examined by any pay process put in place ahead of talks on a successor agreement should that situation arise. In its statement, the department wrote the word “may” in capital letters for emphasis.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/end-of-two-tier-pay-scales-for-teachers-to-be-considered-says-minister-1.3869690

Capital letters for emphasis folks. Remind your 6th year's to use this trick in their LC Essays AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.

Advertisement