Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing battery in hard wired smoke detector

Options
  • 23-04-2019 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi there,

As above, alarm has been beeping for a while so presumably it's the back up battery needs replacing.

The alarm is an eclipse sgd1236. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open the battery compartment. See pic attached. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You remove the wired connection first, snaps straight up rathern than slides iirc and then the battery door is removeable.

You should have the mcb off before you do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

I have the same some alarm, and even after replacing the battery it randomly beeps.

I know the batteries are new and working ok . any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

tech wrote: »
    I have the same some alarm, and even after replacing the battery it randomly beeps.

I know the batteries are new and working ok . any ideas

Switch off mains power and Check battery connections are clean and tight.
    Then clean the contacts on the mains plug and socket.
    Reconnect and make sure it is firmly connected.
    Make sure you know the right switch (mcb) to disconnect the power.

Advertisement