Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom RCBOs for Lighting & Heater

Options
  • 17-04-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    I am looking to find regulations in regard to rcbos controlling circuits in bathrooms.
    In this apartment there are two bathrooms each having its own IP rated globe light fitting and a blowheater. I am aware that circuits there must be protected by rcbos but do regulations allow both light feeds to be wired into a single 10amp Rcbo and both heaters be wired into a 20amp Rcbo at the consumer unit? As this would save me serious space at the board. The heaters are 2kw each so no issue with over loading the circuits either.

All advice much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Yep , you can power two separate bathroom s from one rcbo , or so says my reci inspector anyway

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Both bathroom lights are permitted to be on one RCBO and both heaters on another.

You know that Schneider make RCBOs thy are 1 mod wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrWhiteYo

kramer1 wrote: »
    Yep , you can power two separate bathroom s from one rcbo , or so says my reci inspector anyway

Fingers crossed my one thinks it's ok too.

2011 wrote: »
    Both bathroom lights are permitted to be on one RCBO and both heaters on another.

Thanks for the help, that's great news.
    Will check out Schneider for my next rewire in that case. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

2011 wrote: »

Have you got a link to them? Any idea of price of them compared to a standard RCBO?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Have you got a link to them? Any idea of price of them compared to a standard RCBO?

Not quite but this may help:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109469300&postcount=48

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Anyone know a wholesaler that sells these in Dublin?
    Only getting Australia and NZ in google search

Anyone know a wholesaler that sells these in Dublin?
    Only getting Australia and NZ in google search

Hi yeah,
    Found a list of Schneider agents, most of the big wholesalers seem to stock them. I would ring ahead incase they don't keep them in stock. Will be stocking up on a few myself

#Pop in County u want to find suppliers in.
    https://www.schneider-electric.ie/en/locator/?locale=IE_en2&type=map&locator=distributor&header=se&mxdi=25&WTB=true

MrWhiteYo wrote: »
    Hi yeah,
    Found a list of Schneider agents, most of the big wholesalers seem to stock them. I would ring ahead incase they don't keep them in stock. Will be stocking up on a few myself

#Pop in County u want to find suppliers in.
    https://www.schneider-electric.ie/en/locator/?locale=IE_en2&type=map&locator=distributor&header=se&mxdi=25&WTB=true

Talk to the agent about how to terminate to these, busbar arrangements etc as the terminals are very close. You may have to buy additional kit to do this properly. It is worth it though and this kit is superior to Hager / Garo etc.

Advertisement