Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this called - and where would I get another?

Options
  • 04-06-2020 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Its galvanised and the base is about 5 cm x 5 cm. Any body know where I might be able to get another or bigger versions of one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

wait4me wrote: »
    Its galvanised and the base is about 5 cm x 5 cm. Any body know where I might be able to get another or bigger versions of one of these?

Every hardware shop in the world sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks - but what do I ask the man behind the counter for?

I have already tried Goodwins and TJ O Mahonys (online) to no avail. I went searching through everything galvanised as I didn't know what to call it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Thanks - but what do I ask the man behind the counter for?

Show him the picture.

I have already tried Goodwins and TJ O Mahonys (online) to no avail. I went searching through everything galvanised as I didn't know what to call it :D

but what do i do online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

but what do i do online?

Generally called a "staple eye on plate" or "eye plate".

https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/galvanised-staple-eye-on-plate/

HTH.

Edit: Beat me to it, Con :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Every hardware shop in the world sells them.
    Very helpful indeed:(

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Go into woodies and where the rope and chain section is they have loads of these galvanised fittings, you should get what you want there.

I couldn’t see it there.

But quick google tells me it’s a Galvanised Staple On Plate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Very helpful indeed:(

It was helpful.you walk into any hardware shop in the country and show them the picture.its that simple.They’re not hard to get.
    And besides what help did you offer?mind would you fall off that soapbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭phormium

I didn't buy that exact one but one with a hook rather than a U shaped loop in Woodies a few days ago, as said above all that stuff is where the rope/chain is, lots of options of strange stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Melodeon

'Eliza Tinsley' is probably the most commonly stocked brand of this sort of hardware that I know of around Ireland, you're looking for this piece:
    https://elizatinsley.co.uk/collections/gate-fittings/products/4222-staple-on-plate

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Might be able to get a slightly bigger version around 2" square in stainless if it's any good?

I'll know for sure on Tuesday morning,

If I can get you one; I'll send it for €7 to cover postage

Hey LenWoods. Thanks for the offer. I have been trying to log-in to boards since your offer but was constantly getting a "503 Error".

A mate of mine gave me a "Galvanised Staple On Plate" over the weekend so I'm sorted for the moment. Thanks all for your help.

Advertisement