Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My PS3 is .... BANNED??

Options
  • 07-05-2020 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

No, this wasn't a typo. I play my PlayStation 3 from time to time. And earlier tonight I turned it on and received this message:

"Access to Sony Entertainment Network from this system has been banned or temporarily suspended"

I looked at the top-right hand corner of the screen and noticed this error code: 8002a227

According to old threads from well over 10 years ago, this is apparently due to the console being hacked or jailbroken. I've never done such a thing to any of my consoles. Is there a way I can get this reversed? I feel like such a moron asking this..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Contact Sony seems like the obvious answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Contact Sony seems like the obvious answer?

Yeah I left them a message. I just went and asked on a load of of forums while I waited.

Advertisement