Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

51 Worldwide Games

Options
  • 26-03-2020 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭

51 Worldwide Games

Release date: 05/06/2020
    Price: €39.99

Tabletop classics from around the world come together in 51 Worldwide Games on Nintendo Switch!
    • Mancala
    • Hanafuda
    • Backgammon
    • Renegade
    • Draughts
    • President
    • Dominoes
    • Speed
    • Hare and Hounds
    • Blackjack
    • Four-in-a-Row
    • Chess
    • Shogi
    • Mini Shogi
    • Ludo
    • Riichi Mahjong
    • Sevens
    • Golf
    • Darts
    • Texas Hold’em
    • Nine Men’s Morris
    • Air Hockey
    • War
    • Carrom
    • Chinese Checkers
    • Yacht Dice
    • Takoyaki
    • Billiards
    • Hex
    • Spider Solitaire
    • Gomoku
    • Matching
    • Bowling
    • Shooting Gallery
    • Slot Cars
    • Dots and Boxes
    • Hit and Blow
    • Pig’s Tail
    • Mahjong Solitaire
    • Last Card
    • Fishing
    • Klondike Solitaire
    • Toy Tennis
    • Toy Football
    • Toy Curling
    • Toy Boxing
    • Toy Baseball
    • Battle Tanks
    • Team Tanks
    • Sliding Puzzle
    • 6-Ball Puzzle

Phew, that's 51 games! There are many ways to play them. Some games are multiplayer, including options for up to four people, playing via local wireless, and in some cases, online play is supported, too.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/51-Worldwide-Games-1748086.html

51 Worldwide Games - Reveal trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2tZkbBFX9_4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think that'll be a hidden gem. I like the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

hqdefault.jpg

It took a while, but 51 Worldwide Games started life on the Wii U. ;)
    YZN1D8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Will definitely be picking this up. Will be great for journeys and holidays with the other half. And good for quick matches with mates online.

I read that this game has a version of download play too. One game, multiple Switches. I think that's a first for the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would be a great cart to release now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Looks decent enough and yep - it'll be very popular due to that auld virus.

Also, making me think that Nintendo should/could release a Switch Sports and it would do incredibly well.

Basically, Nintendo and Switch own the locked down family video game landscape. Local play / couch play ...

Some of the games and assets in 51 Worldwide Games look very familiar to older existing games we've seen before. And I was looking through the video, paused at the golf game and said "I wonder if they've lifted this straight from Wii Sports?" Sure enough, they did. And Wii Sports copied Golf on the NES.
    EUFBi-gXkAE8_ab?format=jpg&name=small

EUFBjs-X0AAxgk_?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

It took a while, but 51 Worldwide Games started life on the Wii U. ;)
    YZN1D8.gif

In fairness, it's an update to the DS game Club-House Games/ 42 All-Time Classics.
    That they considered an update for the WiiU isn't surprising, if that's what it is.
    Otherwise it's just a new game in an existing franchise, that started on the Nintendo DS.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In fairness, it's an update to the DS game Club-House Games/ 42 All-Time Classics.
    That they considered an update for the WiiU isn't surprising, if that's what it is.
    Otherwise it's just a new game in an existing franchise, that started on the Nintendo DS.

That gif was just a joke. The image of Othello on Switch reminded me of the first Wii U concept trailer. They never did anything with it.

I'm aware that a lot of these games were in Clubhouse Games/42 All-time Classics, a 2006 DS game. So much of this is copy and paste, with a lick of HD paint. The Golf image shows that they wouldn't even design new holes. Sure, there could be some, but it's a mini-game, and it's very doubtful that they're going all out. This is €40, a huge chunk of them are free on mobile and forgettable. And then others like Bowling, Shooting Gallery, Golf, the 2 Tank games, etc are lifted from Wii titles. It could be worse, some look like they could be a lot of fun, though only a few can be played online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And to play devil's Advocate Clubhouse Games/42 All-time Classics is utterly fantastic on the DS and a real hidden gem to keep you entertained for hours. An update of it on the Switch is more than welcome. You can dismiss this as mobile games but they are far better designed than mobile shovelware, you get a huge amount of content and you've also got fantastic local multiplayer support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    That gif was just a joke. The image of Othello on Switch reminded me of the first Wii U concept trailer. They never did anything with it.

I'm aware that a lot of these games were in Clubhouse Games/42 All-time Classics, a 2006 DS game. So much of this is copy and paste, with a lick of HD paint. The Golf image shows that they wouldn't even design new holes. Sure, there could be some, but it's a mini-game, and it's very doubtful that they're going all out. This is €40, a huge chunk of them are free on mobile and forgettable. And then others like Bowling, Shooting Gallery, Golf, the 2 Tank games, etc are lifted from Wii titles. It could be worse, some look like they could be a lot of fun, though only a few can be played online.

No, I don't think so.
    The original pack had enough content that there were always enough games to appeal and enough ways to play them that made them fun, alone or with friends.
    It's absolutely part of the mission statement of the Switch and is going to be a worthy purchase for lots of people out there, in particular parents and older people in the household.
    It might not appeal to you, but it's going to appeal to a lot of people.

A Day 1 purchase for me. The 42 pack on the DS was superb, very polished and packed with charm. This looks like more of the same (plus 9). :)

Mr E wrote: »
    A Day 1 purchase for me. The 42 pack on the DS was superb, very polished and packed with charm. This looks like more of the same (plus 9). :)

Same here, I'm trying to decide on digital vs physical, because I imagine I'll be playing it all the time, but I love a physical cart...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are there good tutorials for the games? I wouldn't know how to play a good lot of the games on it

Too early to say. We will know more closer to the release date.

Hmm...

imagine, if you will, a whole deck of cards, with Amiibo functionality... not sure what good they'd be but... might be interesting, coupled with this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The DS game was a proper gem. Will be great to have it in HD with a bigger screen. One of those 'party' games that's legitimately unfair to class it as just that.

9 New Details We Learned in Clubhouse Games: 51! (Wii Bowling Strikes Back?! - Analysis)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qdTacasYF6s

If you're interested in this game then I heavily recommend watching this video as it features a tonne of new information, e.g like an additional bonus mini-game of sorts and what games can be played online, in multiplayer and single player only.

Dang, and I was waiting for a ton of new information...
    Ah well...

All about Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I-DsOVUYxXw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Few Wii Play games getting an airing as well then.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Looks like a brilliant bundle. Bargain for €40 too (or about €32 in SA)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The idea of expanding the Scalextric non-trademarked racecar game across multiple Switch screens is cute, but I wonder how many other games will be able to meaningfully make use of that.

Local multiplayer across multiple devices with one copy of the game is a nice touch.

Featuring lifelike reactions.

Edit: Actually this is a far funnier reaction and more appropriate given Jerry Stiller's recent passing. Arthur was hilarious.
    8MLc.gif

Clubhouse Games Q&A: 51+ of YOUR Questions Answered!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FmLCqkkm2_I

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Getting some good reviews so far. 80% mark for most that I've read.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/clubhouse_games_51_worldwide_classics

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Must preload tonight. I think I'll get the new Shantae game too. That's also getting great reviews.

Bought and paid for this, preloaded and all that.
    When is it live to play, tonight at midnight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

€34 for physical version in Argos!

Advertisement